There will be a jam-packed program that will feature everything from live performances, celebrity guests, tasting and sampling, headline acts, children's entertainment, activities, food, wine, beer stalls, pop-ups, comedy, masterclasses, and more.
Originally established in 1988 as a multicultural street party, this Festival has evolved into an iconic Tasmanian event that unites people together to celebrate the best of Tasmania has to offer to the world.
Highlights at the Festival include:
* Live on Stage: Rock and roll with the fantastic line-up of headliners, local support acts, roving performers and street performers shows and acts. There will also be some of the biggest names in the music industry performing including Eskimo Joe, Motor Ace, Vanessa Amorosi, Jack Jones, The Whitlams, Russell Morris, Jade & Dane, Monique How, Little Wise, Tim Gambles, Blackstone Jukes, and much more.
- Nibbles & Tipples- This food and wine matching masterclass will teach you how to do it, what goes with what, and how to look very knowledgeable at your next dinner party. You will also learn about Tasmania's fantastic produce and match it with drinks.
- Gin- What makes the flavours? - You will learn what 'botanicals' are, where they come from, and how do distillers know what goes with what.
- Pinot Noir- Taste the State- In this masterclass, you will truly understand where Pinot Noir comes from, how to soil contribute to flavour, and how the weather influence aromas.
- Bubbles from Every Region- Celebrate Tasmania's bubbles. This masterclass educates you on flavour and aroma profiles.
- Fermentation- Learn about the process- Join local scientists and fermenters and get a hands-on experience on how you could become a fermenter and understand the nutritional benefits in this brand new masterclass.
- Four Beers, Four Cheeses- Back by popular demand, taste your way through a selection of beers from award-winning James Boags Brewery accompanied with iconic King Island cheeses. .
- Cocktails- Showing Tasmanian spirits- This masterclass is new to the Festivale and it will teach you the art of mixology or mixing cocktails. This hands-on experience will also give you the best education on Tasmanian spirits, how to choose which gin makes the best martini, how to blend with seasonal fruit and more.
* Food & Beverage Experiences: Festivale will showcase the freshest gastronomic experience culinary experiences, premium beer experiences, including local offerings from James Boag along with with a variety of craft beers and ginger beers, wonderful wine experiences, sensational spirits experiences, and refreshing cider experiences.
The event will showcase cooking demonstrations with celebrity guest chef Karen Martini and amazing Tasmanian chefs. They will share their culinary secrets and experiences and inspire you to create something new at home. Recipe cards will be available at the end of each session for you to take home.
* Stuff for Kids: There will be a Kid's Play Area which will feature activities, workshops, face painting, henna tattoos, jumping castles, and a Children's Playground. The Kid's Play Area operating hours are: Friday- 4:45pm-8pm, Saturday- 11am-8pm & Sunday- 10am-4pm.