I am a retired English teacher who has retired from teaching but not from life, which I intend to live to the full. With all my hobbies, I'm busier now than ever with my art groups, small business and gardening.
Published July 16th 2018
Attention all adrenaline junkies
All images West Oz Facebook Page
With only 6 weeks to Spring and 4 ½ months to summer, thoughts turn to the beach and water activities. The list of lessons available for different water sports is ever growing. Kiteboarding and Stand – Up Paddleboarding are just 2 where lessons and hire of equipment is available.
Way To Go
West Oz is one company that offers lessons, sales and hire in these two sports. Lessons take place at Shoalwater – Mersey Point and Safety Bay – Tern Island (Sand Bar). Both these locations are known for their sheltered beaches and reliable wind. Just the perfect environment, especially for kiteboarding.
Aerial View - Wow
West Oz guarantee:
experienced and IKO accredited instructors
headzone helmet communication
latest learner equipment
There is a wide range of prices depending on the package you chose for your level and experience. Stand-Up Paddleboarding
This unique sport encourages balance, strength and a level of fitness. You can hire or take advantage of their 1.1/2 hour guided tour of Shoalwater Marine Park, where you can experience the abundance of wildlife living in this area.
Lessons/Tour (1 ½ hours) $100.00 per hour.
No Experience Needed
• A taster session, where you'll experience the thrill of kiteboarding, $100.00 per hour.
• Ground Control, (2 ½ hours) $300.00; private or $225.00 sharing, a basic course where you learn general safety, wind control, launching, landing and body dragging.
• Water Time (intermediate – 2 hours) $240.00 per person. Feel the freedom of kiteboarding from body dragging to getting the board under your feet.
• Board riding (intermediate 2 hours, $240.00 per person. The main focus is on improving your board skills, more control and a better ride.
• Getting Lit (advanced) $135.00 per hour, private. For more experienced riders who want to hone their skills.
• The Ultimate (6 ½ hours) $590.00 per person. These lessons run over 3 days to give the learner the complete kite and board experience.
• Zero To Hero (12 hours) $990.00 per person, 4 sessions of 3 hours. A complete kite and board experience.
• Double Up Course $1095.00 A 3-day course, including kiteboard lessons and jet ski board riding skills each day, combined with private video footage. Overnight accommodation for 3 nights and daily review of video footage each evening for $200.00 extra.
Mum Look At Me Now
Hire of equipment:
kiteboarding hire from $40.00 per hour
stand up paddle board hire $25.00 per hour
For inquiries, phone 0438591755 for lessons prices and sales on 0411510514, Their email address for general inquiries is email@example.com. Their website is also informative, on:
Day Is Done
The Kiteboarding office is at 260 Safety Bay Road, Safety Bay 0411510514. Lesson Location, 153 Arcadia Drive, Safety Bay, 0438591755
Have fun in the sun and remember to "slip, slop, slap".