Your kids can enjoy over 50 activities at 'Kids in the Park' these Easter school holidays and you'll be happy to hear they won't break your budget. Sydney Olympic Park presents many FREE activities this Easter break from 8 April through to 23 April.
There are charges on some activities like Archery, Circus Skills and Writing Workshops but the good news is there are many great value activities at around $25 or less.
Here's a taste of just some of the fun your kids can enjoy these school holidays that will be easy on your budget.
1. Mythical Creatures Egg Hunt(Free) Search for hidden eggs at the Newington Armory in this self-guided tour. With so much history, the Armory has all sorts of hidden treasures within its buildings, tunnels and passageways. Families with children 5-12 years can explore and learn about the Armory's native creatures. Who knows how many "native creatures" and their eggs you will find?
Allow about 45 minutes, adults to supervise children (1 adult per 4 children) and activity sheets are available at the visitors centre from 10.30am to 12.30pm. Call 02 97147888 for more information.
Walk and Squawk is one of the FREE activities during these Easter School Holidays.
2. Clue Trails at the Armory (Free)
Discover and remember the 'Best Games Ever' by selecting from 6 Clue Trails, click here to choose, decipher the clues and follow the footsteps of champions just as it happened 16 years ago at the Sydney Olympic Games.
3. Riverside BirdLife (Free) There's an abundance of bird life on the riverside so your kids can discover all sorts of information about them. Help them to understand the delicate eco-system and have some fun with them as they make a bird kite. Great activity for kids 5 - 12 years.
Sporty kids can learn Water Polo.
4. ARTEXPRESS Kids in the Park Workshops (Free)
Tuesday 18 April 10.30am -12pm (5 - 8 years) and 1pm-2.30pm (9 - 12 years)
Calling all budding artists to use their imagination with the theme of 'Wild Things' just like some of the artworks on show at ARTEXPRESS. Bookings are essential to attend these mixed media workshops. Call 9714 7870.
5. Space Racing for Kids ($13 per child or $10 for members of orienteering clubs)
19 April 10am-12:45pm - WatervieW in Bicentennial Park
Discover Bicentennial Park by using a special coloured map in this 45 minute orienteering challenge. Part Pokemon Go, part treasure hunt, part Amazing Race, you need to find as many of the 20 checkpoints in this timed and scored activity. Accompanying adults are free. More information is available by calling 0416 040 135, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Orienteering NSW
There is plenty to choose from at 'Kids in the Park' this autumn, here are some of the NEW activities (some costs involved) -
- The Writing Workshop: Alien Encounters, Future Worlds
- Write Your Own Film script Writing Workshop
- Use the Force(s), Maker Mayhem and Number Crunch: science-based activities by Fizzics Education
- Basketball: MyHoops, Cricket - Thunder Kids: T20, Football and more at the Sports Centre
Photos and video courtesy of Sydney Olympic Park website.