For some interesting facts about the Kiama Lighthouse: the foundation of the tower is a concrete slab with a 4.3 metre depth and 3.7 metre diameter and the building is made from bricks, cemented outside and plastered within and the ascending tower is done by three iron ladders leading from one storey to the next, while the top of the structure is surrounded by an artistic railing.
The Lighthouse can be seen from the Kiama Blowhole...
The original oil burner fixed lens produced a light which was amazingly visible for nine miles and in 1908 it was upgraded and the range was stretched to fifteen miles. In 1969, the light was converted to electricity and remains this way to date.
In 1920's, the Principal Keeper's House was destroyed by vandals and the single storey assistant Keeper's House, which was used for many years as a residence for harbour pilots is now a museum and is worth checking out.