Lydia C. Lee is still trying to work out what to do with her one wild and precious life. She currently is a haphazard blogger. Read more at holidazeandhellidaze.blogspot.com.au or www.pandoraandmax.blogspot.com
Published May 11th 2013
No need to give slippers but they have those too
There would not be a house in Australia that doesn't have something from Ikea in it, or at least hasn't over the years. We know their great range, but it's not necessarily a place we think of for gifts.
I wandered through on my quarterly battery mission, and came across the following gift ideas, great for birthdays, Christmas or even Mother's Day.
1. Soft fluffy bathrobes - $39.99 (and only $29.99 on the Family card)
2. Anyone who has done an overnight flight knows the importance of these neck pillows. This one folds into a little bag for packing, and is inflatable for the flight. $7.99 ($5.99 Family Card)
3. Anyone going on a plane now knows all about these - those 100ml bottles. Cute and colourful, only $1.99 for 4.
4. Obviously, with all these travel accessories, we were going to have to talk bags. Not just backpacks but suitcases. The cabin bag is $69 (or $59 with the Family Card).
5. The large suitcase on wheels is only $69 on the Family Card or $89, the handle zips inside the bag for conveyer belt protection and like all things Ikea, is collapsible for storage.
6. There are also duffle bags, on wheels $89.99 (or $69.99 with the Family Card), which have a clever little divider inside so you can keep the clean and dirty clothes apart.
If you want luggage locks, they even have a range of those.
7. If no trips are on the horizon, other than those to the beach or shops, there are still gift options available. Beach bag (with detachable wallet) or Cooler bag are both only $12.99 (or $9.99 with the Family Card). The old school shopping bag on wheels is only $19.99 with the Family card (or $29.99 without).
8. Just a little shopping? Keep the handy shopping bag in its little zip up pouch in your handbag. Only $1.49.
9. A wide range of colourful or patterned umbrellas, a mere $4.99 ( or $2.99 with Family Card) - there's no need to get caught out ever again.
10. Instead of flowers, what about an orchid in a pot? Will last much longer than cut flowers - the mid-size orchids are $19.99 and there are smaller and larger ones available, ranging between $17.99 - $24.99.
Lastly, not really a gift but definitely worth a try, chocolate spread with butterscotch pieces. $4.49 for a little naughtiness.
There are, of course, photo frames, vases and homeware galore... so if none of these appeal, you know you'll find the perfect something for that special someone.