Just a girl spreading the word about all the fun (and probably nerdy) things to do!
Published April 16th 2013
Really show them how much you care
There are many ways you could tell your loved one you care about them, but here are 15 simple things that will capture their heart.
1. Flowers, seems pretty obvious yes, but hand a girl a bunch of flowers unexpectedly and she's sure to blush. Sweet smelling, gorgeous to look at, and the generic symbol of "I love you".
2. Teddy Bears, this is really the same as with the flowers, however pace yourself and keep them really for special occasions, particularly sad or momentous occasions so they have some extra significance, as well as being something to cuddle when your girl starts to cry. In the end having too many bears can just make them over the top and hinder their romantic gesture.
3. Hot Chocolate, another sweet and delicious way to say you care. Pop over with a coffee or hot chocolate in your hand to perk up their morning is a really nice gesture and will put them in a good mood for the day.
4. Movies, going to the movies can be a lot of fun, and gives you an excuse to snuggle up next to your loved one for two blissful hours. Nicer still if you get to share some fresh popcorn or ice-cream, so whether you want to treat or split this one, it's a good excuse for some together time.
5. Hugs and Kisses, speaking of together time, nothing can make someone's day than a warm hug or a sweet kiss. A good hug really can turn someone's mood around and should be used at every opportunity.
6. Spontaneous Dates, taking your loved one by surprise and bringing them on a whirlwind adventure of a surprise date just has a beautiful 'wow' factor to it. Being swept off your feet and having your loved one prepare a whole event just for you really is the sweetest feeling so why not do it for the one you care about too?
7. Picnics, just like in the movies, a romantic secluded picnic in a beautiful garden or park, such as the Royal Botanical Gardens. For more info on this point check out my other article here.
8. Take them home safe, walking your loved one home and making sure they're safe will give them such a warm fuzzy feeling inside plus your own peace of mind that they're safe. It also just gives you longer to walk and talk and be together.
9. Wii date, this is the first of a few following treats which are soley fun based. Playing a game of wii or well any game with your loved one just gives you a chance to fool about and bring out your playful side so that you can have a lot of fun laughing together.
10. Park playgrounds, just like playing on a wii, let your inner childishness come out and spend your time being silly together. Let your hair down and let your loved one see your inner child.
12. Homemade food, this is bringing out the big guns particularly if you're a guy, homemade food and a home cooked meal is the epitome of a romantic treat for your loved one. You can really go all masterchef on this one and pull out all the stops for a fantastic meal that'll make your loved one go wow.
13. Skype calls, if you haven't been able to hang out together on dates recently then this is, well, not exactly the next best thing, but it's still pretty good. Plus you have lots of frames and fun gadgets to try out.
14. Watch a fav tv show together, if there's a particular show that your partner absolutely adores and will go all fan crazy over, offer to marathon it together. If it's something they love, they'll love being able to share it with you.
15. Last but not least, be prepared for them, what does this strange thing mean? Well in essentiality it means know them so that you know what they need. For example, if you know a certain event will make your loved one cry, bring tissues. If you know that your loved one absolutely adores a band, get tickets. If your loved one always gets hungry at 2pm on Thursdays, bring a snack. The little things really add up and will let the one you love feel completely cared about.