Simple tips how to show the people in your life you care
We all have them. Significant others, siblings, children. Life is full of ups and downs which at times can be extremely challenging. We have all "been there" so if you know someone who's struggling at the moment, maybe you can extend some kindness their way.
A few tips can improve even the most rocky relationship's. It's not that difficult. Even when someone we love does not treat us the best, we can still rise above our hurt and try to improve our relationship with them. Here's a few suggestions.
Photo: Ambro, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
1. Send a greeting card - if you have trouble expressing yourself, find a card that does it for you.
2. Buy a bunch of flowers. Everyone enjoys a lovely bouquet - it's a thoughtful way of saying 'I love you' or simply 'thank you'.
3. Be spontaneous! It's so important to connect with a loved one by doing something *fun*. Much of life can become "treadmill stuff" so why not take the opportunity to step out and book a cruise or take them to see a movie or book an overnight stay in a motel where you can lounge around and order takeaway.
4. Show appreciation. There's a dozen different ways in which we can show this. Buy their favourite chocolate, or take them out to dinner or a drive in the country.
5. A heartfelt hug and a few meaningful words can make such a difference in the lives of our loved ones. Don't forget to have *fun*
I read once that when someone hugs another person or witnesses a random act of kindness - they are affected in a postive way by this. Of course the hugger enjoys giving the hug, the person on the recieving end feels great, but I had no idea that someone standing by, also receives a benefit. How amazing is that?