Working from home is becoming more normal for many people as a result of COVID-19 infection control. It's important we do it safely, connect with each other, and we remain accountable for what we're delivering.
Here is a checklist to make it work for you, and your team.
1) If you don't have a home office, set up a dedicated workspace
Be mindful, When setting up your dedicated workspace, keep in mind what will help your focus and productivity.
2) Check your ergonomics and technology so you're safe and productive
Be safe, When people work from home, the relevant area in the home environment is considered a workplace, use the ergonomics guidelines for your eye and comfort environment.
3) Get clarity about priorities and talk through any challenges/questions
Be productive, Agree on expectations with your manager upfront, there should be no difference in deliverables or outcomes for people working from home or in the workplace. The home becomes the workplace.
4) Schedule meetings and connect with people so you don't get isolated
Be effective, Make sure your meetings include Skype or dial-in details. Connect with your teammates and continue to have one-on-ones and team meetings, so everyone is clear about workloads and priorities.
5) Treat it like a normal workday, have a lunch break, start and finish at a decent time
Be realistic, Treat the day as if you are in your workplace, start and finish your day at your normal start and finish time. Get up and stretch regularly.
6) Care and connect
Be kind, Pick up the phone to talk to people. Ask people how they're getting on if they need any extra help or support