Being outdoors is great because it's good for immune systems and bodies.
Here are 5 fun ways to enjoy being outdoors by yourself, family or with your children.
1) Walking is a great way to enjoy being outdoors because you get so much fresh air plus exercise. Walking is also good for children as it strengthens bones and also keeps them fit. Walking the dog for 30 minutes a day every day will also help you lose weight.
2) Exercise outdoors, push the treadmill, bike and dumbells all outdoor and give yourself a new work out.
3) Experience playing with the kids at the park, don't sit back and watch them climb on the playground. Bring a soccer ball and enjoy the wide open space. Also good to play cricket as there's more room.
4) Set up arts and crafts outdoors with your children. Get a table, paint and paper and let the kids do some paintings. You can hang them up to dry (they'll dry faster outside).
5) Go fruit picking, there are a few places around Melbourne where you can go strawberry picking. It's actually quite fun and my kids enjoy doing it. Bring them home and have a strawberry feast, don't forget the melted chocolate.