Picnics are fun, I used to love having a picnic lunch with my grandma and cousins when I was a little girl. I introduced picnics to my boys and they like them as well.
Follow my guide to having a lovely picnic with your kids.
1) Get a nice big blanket, that you don't mind getting dirty. Sprawl it out under a tree or where theres some shade.
2) Use paper plates and cups. You also might want to use a tray and put all of the food you'll be serving on there. Get plastic forks and knives too, it saves you from doing dishes.
3) Serve some easy food that you can eat while sitting on the ground. Food where you need to cut it up can get quite difficult especially for the younger kids. Foods such as sandwiches, chicken nuggets, chicken salads, wraps and omelettes are all good picnic food.
4) Use a fly net protector over the foods so no pesky ants, spiders or flies get to your food.
5) Get a little stereo and play some background music. Make the picnic feel energized and happy.
6) Keep pets away from the picnic, put dogs inside. Otherwise you'll have a lot of mess.
7) Engage kids in conversation, tell funny stories, get the kids to tell everyone about their favorite class in school, or the most embarrassing thing that's happened to them. Telling stories with family can be fun.
8) Give the children duties so they feel important too. Get one child to set out the blanket, another to bring out the food and another to tie the knot in the garbage bag. Simple stuff helps children feel important as well.
9) Last of all have fun. By spending time with the kids and talking with them should keep their minds off misbehaving.