A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
This list has many different chocolate delights that you will learn to make. They will all be at the Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery at 1200 Great Ocean Road, Bellbrae. The favourite flavours like triple chocolate brownie and Nutella will return to this year's menu. There will also be more adventurous flavours such as Mocha Margarita, Hot Shoey, and the Green Goddess with kale and coconut.
1. JUNIOR CHOCOLATIER CLASSES Become a Junior Chocolatier in a 45-minute class held in a parent-free zone. It is for children aged 6 – 12 years, who can learn how to make their very own chocolate creations.
You will pay a $40 fee which includes a personalised badge, chef's hat and apron, graduation certificate plus take home three chocolate creations to enjoy. Classes available on selected Saturday mornings throughout school terms and bookings are essential.
2. CHOCOLATE STORY TIME WEDNESDAYS Join in for Chocolate Story Time on Wednesday mornings from 9.45 am to10.30 am during school terms.
Children can enjoy exciting chocolate-themed stories read by an entertaining storyteller. Parents and carers can relax in the cafe or showroom. No bookings are required. These free sessions are best suited to children aged 3-7 years.
These are on 15th June from 9:45 am - 18th December at 10.30 am.
3. JUNIOR CHOCOLATIER CLASSES - SCHOOL HOLIDAYS Become a junior chocolatier. This will include a $40 personalised badge, chef's hat and apron, graduation certificate plus take home three chocolate creations to enjoy. Classes available these School Holidays on Wednesday 25th, Thursday 26th September, Wednesday 2nd, Thursday 3rd October, from 10:00 am at 3:00 pm. Bookings are essential for these classes.
4. JUNIOR CHOCOLATIER CLASSES Learn how to make your very own chocolates. $40 includes a personalised badge, chef's hat and apron, graduation certificate plus take home three chocolate creations as before.
Classes available on selected Saturday mornings, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm throughout School terms. Bookings are essential and this is for 6 to 12 years of age.
5. CHOCOLATE DISCOVERY CLASSES This one-hour, hands-on chocolate discovery experience is filled with an abundance of chocolate and truffle tastings. You will make your own chocolate bar and giant lollipop!
The price is $48. Classes available on selected Saturdays, from 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm and bookings are essential.
6. TASTE AND CREATE ROCKY ROAD WORKSHOP
Create your very own Rocky Road creation, choosing from over 50 exotic ingredients to blend with coverture milk, dark and white chocolate. The price is $20 per person. It will be Sunday 13th August from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm.
7. STRAWBERRY AFFAIR
Look over the most amazing combination – strawberries and chocolate! Make a date to join us between 16th and 27th October for Strawberry Affair, to celebrate the bounty of new season local strawberries.
The European Chocolatiers and Pastry Chef are making a range of limited edition delights featuring beautiful berries in their chocolate. In the all-day cafe, look out for some berry-delicious dessert gadgets plus strawberry tarts, strawberry fondues, strawberry mania sundaes, milkshakes and hot chocolates, ice creams, along with parcels of classic choc-coated strawberries in your choice of white, milk or dark cover.
You can also look at the desserts - strawberry ice cream sandwiches, fresh strawberry scones and beautiful strawberry croissants in the all-day cafe. Discover chocolate treats in the showroom and take home strawberry Wagon Wheels, chocolate-coated strawberry marshmallows, choc-berry bark, honey-berry rocky road and much more.
You will also be offered delightful tasting sessions too - drink, sample and discover twelve mini berry-licious creations in a 45-minute tasting session.
The price is $20 per person with bookings essential. It will be on from 16th to 27th October.
8. HIGH TEA AT THE CHOCOLATERIE
At this lesson, you will enjoy a refreshing drink on arrival, followed by decadent petite delights, scones, ribbon sandwiches, pastries and as many organic local teas, barista coffee and real hot chocolates.
This will be served at a shared long table by the team with each creation introduced by the Head Pastry Chef and French Chocolatier. The cost for this will be $59 per person and bookings are essential. There will be two sittings - 11 am and 2 pm.
Please visit the classes page to make your reservation. The menu has been created for adults but children can also come along with their adults.