Hi. My name is Lana and I am a 27 year old writer from Croatia. I enjoy writing, traveling, experiencing life and I hope you all enjoy the articles I will provide you with here.
Published May 2nd 2017
Hong Kong is an SAR (Special Administrative Region) of China. It's located on the southeast coast of China. Undoubtedly, it's considered to be one of the most beautiful places on Earth. It is a chaotic, colourful, and fantastic city to live in or visit. Hong Kong welcomes you with enchanting neighborhoods, exquisite monuments, and much more too. The bustling yet beautiful coastal city features a plethora of impressive high rises and a spectacular & sophisticated fusion of many cultures.
By Temppic at English Wikipedia - Transferred from en.wikipedia to Commons., Public Domain,https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3063381
What makes Hong Kong so special, unique and beautiful? The following seven reasons will give you some insight into why this city is highly regarded in the traveling world.
1. Cultural Kaleidoscope: The city and its neighborhoods feature a sophisticated cultural fusion of the west and east. There is no better place in the entire world to experience both western and eastern cultures than Hong Kong.
2. Shopping Paradise: Famed as a shoppers' paradise, the city offers an outstanding shopping experience. From traditional Chinese stores to mega modern shopping malls, from bustling street markets to trendy boutiques, you'll find almost everything in Hong Kong including collectibles, antiques, electrical products, and the latest designer fashions.
3. Magnificent Natural Beauty: The city is blessed with numerous historical sites, peaceful gardens, interesting theme parks, and modern museums etc. Famous tourist attractions include Victoria Peak, Victoria Harbor, Lantau Island, Repulse Bay,and Disneyland Park.
4. International Cuisine: Hong Kong is the world of mouthwatering, delicious, and exquisite international cuisine. Tourists can enjoy a great variety of regional Cantonese food, authentic Asian cuisine, and fresh seafood.
5. Convenient Transportation: The city provides an excellent transportation network and is considered to have one of the most convenient & best transportation systems in the globe.
6. Gateway for Exploring the Rest of Asia: Hong Kong's unique geographical location makes it the main gateway to explore China and the rest of East Asia.
7. Perfect Family Destination: Hong Kong can be a perfect family destination as the city features various nature parks, historic museums, temples, natural reserves, and kid-friendly attractions (i.e. themed parks).
Top Things to Do in Hong Kong:
1. Visit Victoria Peak: It's one of the most visited tourist spots in Hong Kong. It features the highest point of Hong Kong Island from where tourists can enjoy sweeping views. It is one of the most visited spots in the city for a very good reason, the views are unbelievable and will stay in your memory forever.
2. Traditional Hong Kong Massage: It's recommended to try traditional Hong Kong Massage[/LINK] therapies that promote the circulation of body fluid and stimulate a sense of ultimate relaxation & rejuvenation.
3. Visit Historical Temples: As a tourist, you should visit historical Hong Kong temples & monuments like Po Lin Monastery and Man Mo Temple. Aside from the beauty of the buildings, they have historical and traditional importance. It is a nice contrast to the city.
4. Enjoy Shopping: Shop for your favorite products in the bustling street market or visit the luxury malls. You may also visit the "Temple Street Night Market" - the liveliest & busiest night market in Hong Kong,