There are a number of reasons why primary and highschool students may struggle with meeting the demands of homework. [ADVERT] It's easy to presume a child's struggle with their education is primarily due to an intellectual or learning deficiency. In some cases this may be so, however, you can't disregard other influences that may be preventing your child from performing at their full capacity. Home troubles, personal grievances or a commitment to extra-curricular activities outside of school (limiting their time) can have a negative effect on their school work. It may be necessary to steer them in the right direction by providing extra help with their homework.
Thanks to council libraries situated throughout Moreton Bay and Brisbane, primary and highschool students can attend free homework help information sessions that help them to achieve the grades they need to pursue the career of their choice.
These free information sessions cover topics such as:
searching the internet;
accessing electronic books, journals, online resources like encyclopedias; and
utilising homework and assignment resources provided by the council libraries.
1. Bribie Island Library - 16 February 2012 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm. 2. Albany Creek Library - 22 February 2012 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm, 23 February 2012 from 6.00pm to 7.00pm and 1 August 2012 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
3. Narangba Library - 22 February and 24 April 2012 from 4.00pm to 5.00pm.
4. Redcliffe Library - 29 February and 16 May 2012 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm. 5. Kallangur Library - 1 March, 3 May, 7 June and 12 April 2012 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm. 6. Arana Hills Library - 10 April, 17 July and 16 October 2012 from 2.45pm to 3.45pm. 7. North Lakes Library - 17 April 2012 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
8. Caboolture Library - 18 April 2012 from 4.00pm to 5.00pm. 9. Strathpine Library - 19 April 2012 from 6.30pm to 7.30pm, 17 July 2012 from 4.00pm to 5.00pm and 18 October 2012 from 6.30pm to 7.30pm.
10. Burpengary Library - 24 April and 17 July 2012 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm, 22 October 2012 from 10.30am - 11.30am.
11. Deception Bay Library - Every Monday afternoon from 3.30pm to 4.30pm (contact the library for final session date).
The Nundah branch of the Brisbane City Council Library service conduct free homework help sessions for students in grade five to twelve. Sessions run for twelve months from now through to 30 January, 2013 and are conducted on a weekly basis, every Tuesday and Wednesday from 3.15pm to 5pm. Located at 1 Bage Street (via Primrose Lane), Nundah. Bookings are not required. For more information visit the website or telephone Brisbane City Council on 3403 8888.
Education is important so why not take advantage of the free help available by attending a homework help session located near you.