I am a new freelance writer begining my writing career :)
Published May 18th 2015
These weekends generally are the times that a lot of people like to take advantage of and do some work around in or around their home. Whether you want to do some DIY, embark on a full renovation, add value to your property or simply just change your furniture style. This weekend you can achieve what you set out to do with a plan mind. To assist you in creating your plan, here are 5 places that you will want to visit for your home improvement project.
1) IKEA is a great place to start if indoors is where you want to improve. IKEA's showroom is just jammed packed with ideas for furniture for every room. With Sydney having the largest IKEA in the Southern Hemisphere you can certainly spend hours wandering from section to section, admiring the professional decorated displays. Always improving their collection of homewares, you are sure to see something new every time. Writer Oliva Shead from Interior's Addict describes recently IKEA's new Sinnerling Collection by Ilse Crawford as being 'hotly anticipated'. You are bound to leave your excursion from IKEA full of ideas and possibly with truck load of purchases.
2) More indoor options must include a trip to the Homemaker Centre in Alexandria. With over 30 home and lifestyle stores, you have two levels of shops to take advantage of. It is certainly the one stop shopping experience for everything home related. Whatever the style you are after - modern, classic, provincial, eclectic - you will find that unique touch you are after to add to your home.
3) If you are looking to improve the look of your garden and outdoor area of your home. We have some of the best nurseries in Australia at our finger tips. One of the largest display centers in Sydney would be Eden's Gardens in North Ryde. With over 25 acres of award winning gardens, you will sure to find ideas to suit every style of garden. One of the amazing garden designs on display has been created by Landscape Architect Jon Shinkfield from PSB, who received a commendation in the 2005 NSW Awards for Design in Landscape Architecture.
4) Looking for different outdoor ideas? For those that would like extra space in and around their home, however, don't have the budget to do a full extension, visit Melwood Cabanas & Garden Rooms display centre in Neutral Bay. Here you will find a selection of gorgeous cabanas ready for your own backyard studio, she shed or man cave. Being affordable, made in Sydney and made of quality material, it is truly a great option for your backyard. Definitely a great way to increase your property value without too much hard work.
Courtesy of Melwood Cabanas & Garden Rooms Facebook page
5) Last but not least is a good ole trip to Bunnings. This massive warehouse has just about everything for the handy DIYer, not to mention furniture, indoor and outdoor goods as well as a full nursery to top it all off. You will find everything you need at in one place. If you are new to the DIY world and don't know where your local Bunnings is, you can find a store here.
With ideas a plenty, you are now equipped with the places to go in Sydney when considering improving the look of your home and hopefully even increasing the value of your property.