With Easter just around the corner - why not bake your own Hot Cross Buns? Kids and adults alike will enjoy embracing the spirit of the Easter season, rolling out the dough and singing - "Hot Cross buns, Hot Cross Buns, one a penny, two a penny Hot Cross Buns."
50g plain flour
15g caster sugar
1) Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water, combine with 100g baker's flour, cover with plastic wrap and leave for 2 hours.
2) Add rest of the dough ingredients and mix with dough hook on speed 1 (or knead for 25 mins by hand).
3) Cover and leave in a warm place to rise for a further 45 minutes.
4) Divide dough mixture into 12 even balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Allow to rise 10 minutes.
5) Glaze with a little milk, mix the three "Cross ingredients", then pipe on the crosses.
6) Bake @ 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes, or until golden.
7) Enjoy piping hot with plenty of butter.