Fun Quiz Night- Test's STREETWISE Savy - Homeless Fundraiser
Do you have "Give $100 to a homeless person" on your bucket list? Well I applaud your sentiment and desire to do good my brother; But you need to get street wise dog! Give $100 to HDSTREETWISE instead. I'll give you 3 good reasons why;
1. The person that you randomly splash $100 over like you are some high Rollin Playa might be struggling with alcohol or drug dependency issues. Don't make a brother feel small, just so you can feel big.
2. HDSTREETWISE are the people who take the time to talk with and establish relationships with the homeless, share meals with them, and establish lasting friendships with them. Sadly, most of us are too wrapped up in our own problems to do what HDSTREETWISE is called to do everyday.
3. HD stands for Hope and Dignity. It's about changing lives and getting down and dirty. It's not about splashing your cash around like a gangster! It's about helping a brother!
If you are reading this article, it's because you have a heart! You want to do something meaningful about Homelessness in Perth. Maybe you've heard the parable of the Good Samaritan and you don't want to run with the mob that crosses over to the other side of the street when they see a homeless person.
Well you are in luck my brother, because HDSTREETWISE is having a quiz night at Gosnells Bowling Club (2271 Albany Hwy) on Saturday the 14th November 2015. The quiz starts at 7:30pm sharp. Cost is $25 per adult and $10 per child including quiz and finger food. Call Shelly on 94937314 or 0400500814. Booking is essential and can also be done online at the HDSTREETWISE website.
It's a fun and up-beat event for this great cause; there is a lucky door prize and all those wearing pink will be in the draw for a special prize. You get food, mental stimulation, maybe a prize, and be inspired by the HDSTREETWISE movement. Connect with the volunteers from HDSTREETWISE who have tirelessly devoted their time and energy to the homeless, needy, and politically under-represented members of our global family. Maybe you will even become "street wise" and inspired to join the brothers and sisters who are bringing their hearts and giving hope and dignity back to so many.
In the meantime, please change your bucket list. If you have the, "Give $100 to a homeless person", item cross that out. Replace it with the following;
1. Talk to a homeless person, ask their name, and ask if they are hungry. If they are hungry, buy them a meal and share it with them.
2. Respect and befriend a homeless person. Taking time out of your day to talk with someone experiencing homelessness in a friendly, respectful manner can give them a wonderful sense of HOPE and DIGNITY. Experiencing homelessness can be very isolating, discouraging, and embarrassing. People need friendship and consistent love and encouragement to help them make healthy choices for their lives. Isn't that what you want too?
According to the statistics from the HDSTREETWISE website there are 4,500 homeless youth in Western Australia. WA has a population of over 3 million, so can you imagine what would happen if just 10,000 WA people decided to talk to a homeless person today? What if there were 200,000? How about 1 Million people? 1 Million People communicating with and respecting a homeless person. That's right Perth, HDSTREETWISE has a dream! You are a big part of that dream. Without you, the dream just can't come true.
Why not call Shelly on 94937314 or 0400500814 right now to book you seat at the HDSTREETWISE Quiz Night. Booking is essential and can also be done online at the HDSTREETWISE website. Be HD STREETWISE! Peace, Love, Hope and Dignity; I'm out.