With a focus on family ministry, I am always looking to encourage, inspire and support families. Check out my website: www.newchapter.com.au
Published November 11th 2013
Give chocolates?give flowers? now you can give both
It's that time of year again and you need a small gift, a special 'thank you' or recognition, whether it's for a teacher, a coach, a colleague, a friend. Make a special chocolate rose or better still, a bouquet of chocolate roses to express your thanks and appreciation.
Instructions; 1. Place the square of cellophane over the chocolate. Pull down and twist tightly around the chocolate. Secure it by twisting the end of the florist wire around the base of the chocolate. It should look like a chocolate ball on the end of a wire.
2. Hold the circles of tissue paper together and cut a small 'x' in the centre. 3. Gently push the stem of the wired chocolate through the 'x' slit in the tissue circles and until the chocolate ball sits against the tissue circles.
Slip wired chocolate through circles
4. Holding the tissue circle firmly around the chocolate, starting winding the florist tape around the tissue circles, cellophane ends and wire and continue along the length of wire to the end.
Twist florist tape around wire.
5. Gently crush the tissue petals around the chocolate to give it a rose-like shape.
Gently crush tissue petals to create rose.
6. Tie a ribbon bow around the stem of wire beneath the rose chocolate.
7. Finished... attach a small note and give away your gift.
Hand out your roses individually or as a bunch.
Remember, you can also make these special gifts for Mother's Day, Valentine's Day or use for other special gifts. It also looks great secured in place atop a colourful gift box for a special decoration.