You will need: 1. 450g Haddock (This is about four fillets, and any white fish will do although Smoked Haddock gives a really nice flavour)
2. 50g Butter 3. 2 stick of celery (finely chopped) 4. 2 leeks (finely chopped) 5. 2 white onions (you guessed itů finely chopped) 6. 150g of sweetcorn (frozen is fine for this recipe) 7. 2 garlic cloves (crushed) 8. Milk
Fresh Parsley and lots of salt and pepper to season.
What you need to do:
1. Put the fish in a deep frying pan and cover with milk. Half a pint should be enough, but the fish should be completely covered, season with plenty of salt and pepper. Simmer for around 3 minutes.
2. Leave to stand, making sure you keep the liquid, and then flake the fish.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the finely chopped vegetables and garlic on a high heat for about 8-10 minutes or until softened.
4. Add the fish and milk and mix well. Simmer for a further 3 minutes.
5. Add fresh parsley and more salt and pepper if desired.
There you go a really simple haddock chowder recipe, you can even use a slow cooker, just throw all of the ingredients in and then leave for 3-4 hours on a high heat setting.
Top Tip: I think the first time I made this it was a little watery in texture so I added a huge dollop of cream cheese, which thickened it up a bit and gave it a creamy texture.
You can even add a cup of rice or some new potatoes to bulk it out a little. Do let me know if you have tried this recipe in the comments below.