Warm up on the inside this winter with hot and spicy food
Let this delicious dip warm you up on the inside.
Are you looking for an appetiser with a bit of spice and tang this winter? Warm up on the inside with this quick and easy guacamole dip that can be tailored to mild or hot depending on your taste buds. This recipe will leave you wanting more.
Preparation time – 5 minutes (Serves 4 people)
2 x Avocados
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice 1/2 Red salad onion – finely diced 2 Tablespoons of fresh coriander – finely diced 2 Teaspoons of red chilli – finely diced Seasoning - salt or vegetable salt to taste 200grams Mexicana Corn Chips Optional – 1 Tablespoon of Sour Cream
1. Cut the avocados in half and scoop the flesh out into a mixing bowl. Mash the flesh with a fork until the avocado is smooth.
Delicious main ingredient - avocado
2. Finely dice the red chilli, red salad onion and coriander. Place these ingredients into the mixing bowl with the avocado.
Finely diced red salad onion.
3. Add the lime juice to the mixing bowl and use a spoon to stir through all the ingredients until evenly distributed throughout the avocado mixture.
Place all the chopped ingredients in a bowl and stir.
4. Taste the dip and add salt to your liking and extra chilli if you have hot and spicy taste buds.
Add more chilli if you like it extra hot.
5. Place avocado dip in a bowl and serve with your favourite Mexicana corn chips. Add a dollop of Sour cream on top for extra flavour or to help sooth the extra chilli you might add to the dip.
Storage: seal in an airtight container in the fridge and keep for up to 2 days.
Please note: this dish is not suitable for freezing.
IDEA: If you have a real appetite for spicy food you can add a few drops of tabasco sauce. I personally love this recipe, enjoy.