1. Bring breakfast in Bed Dad is always up and about early morning, busily running around and preparing for work to provide for the family. Bring Dad a lovely breakfast in bed and help him to make a great start of the day. Make a breakfast fit for a king and amaze him with your creativity and/or culinary skills. If cooking is not your thing or you are wildly scratching your head for some unique yet easy breakfast ideas then feel free to check out this website for a range of fabulous, easy breakfast recipes.
Breakfast in bed (Image by IdwalaGH via Wikimedia Commons
2. Organise a Barbeque Cook Dad a great barbeque. Pay a visit to the local butcher or one of the supermarkets and stock up on high quality, fresh ribs, steaks, hot dogs, flavoured sausages or grilled chicken. Surprise him with a wonderful array of good quality meat. Make it a team effort and cook a wonderful barbeque with Dad and wash it all down with some beer or cider.
Barbeque (Image by M.Minderhoud via Wikimedia Commons)
Spend father's day with Dad watching some old gems. Take your pick from Father of the Bride, Meet the parents, The Godfather Trilogy, In the name of the Father, Big Daddy, just to name a few. Check out your local Video EZY shop or request friends and colleagues for dvds for some of these old gems.
4. Arrange for a pampering package Make Father's Day a memorable experience for Dad by arranging for a pampering package for Dad. To mark the Father's Day several spas and massage parlours have on offer special Father's Day packages. Shop around and help Dad to spend the Father's Day in style with some wonderful massage and/or spa treatment. Help to rejuvenate his senses or just relax with some marvellous pampering packages.
5. Take Dad out for a picnic Take Dad out for a picnic. Grab a blanket and pack your baskets with some delicious food, a nice bottle of wine and some sweet desserts. Visit a local garden or drive to a country town and find a beautiful park. Spread out the blanket and put out the food and share a fantastic day with Dad with some good food, lovely conversation and belly laughs.
Picnic (Image by Andreas Duess via Wikimedia Commons)
6. Take Dad out for Dinner Take Dad out for a grand dinner. Book ahead at one of the posh restaurants in your city and enjoy a sumptuous dinner with Dad. Take him to his favourite restaurant or treat him to a delectable steak dinner or a terrific buffet dinner. If great restaurant ideas are suddenly proving to be quite elusive then explore the restaurant guide for suitable options.
7. Spend the day with Dad The best gift you can give your Dad on Father's Day is your time. When parents become old and feeble, often the only thing they desire is your company. Pay Dad a visit and contribute the entire Father's day to take care of Dad, look after his needs, play apprentice to his hobbies, partake in his daily activities, take interest in his stories, indulge him with shopping, cook up a storm for him, take a stroll down the memory lane with him and watch reruns of childhood video recordings while having a hearty laugh with Dad.
To all the wonderful, hard-working and fabulous Dads out there, a Very Happy Father's Day!