I'm an Australian living in Thailand. I like to read, write and travel.
Published October 9th 2015
Brisbane, the third largest city in Australia, offers plenty of fun activities in this spring. During Halloween there's no shortage of places to visit and events to enjoy. The following are 9 great choices for Halloween fun in Brisbane.
1. Craft Beer Walking Tour Book online for a tour that will take you and your friends to four different pubs in the Caxton Street area. Sample a variety of craft beers and learn how each of them are made. There's also great food to indulge in as well. Tours are available on Halloween as well as other dates.
2. The Haunted Ranch Halloween Haunt
After a successful 2014, the ranch is back hoping to provide even more fun for visitors this year. Make sure to dress up and visit this elaborate outdoor display. This Halloween haunt is located on Ranch Street and will only be open on Halloween night from 4 until 9pm.
3. Manly Harbour Village Starting at 11am and continuing until 9pm the Manly Harbour street party will be in full gear. You'll definitely want to check out all the activities and events that include parades, fireworks, and plenty of food. There will also be a display of dragon boats and six straight hours of entertainment to enjoy.
Brisbane libraries provide a host of fun activities including face painting, spooky story time, and movies. There are 33 libraries located throughout Brisbane. Make sure to check out one near you for spooky activities for kids of all ages.
Photo Credit: JoseCruz
5. Take a Boat Cruise What could be more fun than taking a boat cruise along the Brisbane River on Halloween night? There are a variety of options to choose from when selecting a company and the type of cruise you're looking for. There are adults only cruises as well as those that are more family oriented.
6. Roma Street Railway Station Ride the train through the river city dressed up in your favorite costume. The train normally departs and returns to the Roma Street Station, making this outing both fun and convenient.
7. Visit the Zoo Nothing beats the Australian zoo. This is a great activity for families, couples, and even seniors to enjoy. There are two zoos in the Brisbane area that provide an excellent array of animals and activities. These include The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary located about 15 minutes southwest of Brisbane and the Australia Zoo approximately 35 minutes north.
8. Throw an Office Party
An office holiday party can be a great way to have fun at work while enjoying time with co-workers. Make sure to dress-up, decorate, and bring in lots of great snacks for the event. Also be sure to inform the boss and go through proper procedures. An office holiday party can be a relatively inexpensive way to have fun.
9. Brisbane Zombie Walk This annual event is one of the best ways to take part in a city-wide event. Make sure to dress up in your best zombie attire and then proceed to walk, crawl, and limp through the streets with hundreds of others. This year the festivities will start at the Roma Street Parklands. This event usually donates the proceeds to a worthy foundation.