The festival will take place at the local Eildon community centre where fishing industry traders, exhibitors and local angling clubs will set up stalls and exhibits.
There will be plenty of activities for the whole family throughout the day including:
* Trophy trout stockings with 2000 rainbow trout being released.
* Fishing celebrity Rex Hunt will be on hand providing his fishing tips and expertise
* 200 free fishing rods will be up for grabs throughout the day via raffles.
* Help re-stock Eildon pondage by taking part in the release of 1,000 rainbow trout.
* Take a tour of Snobs Creek hatchery – a unique opportunity to tour the site where over one million fish are produced annually. Tours will depart from the Eildon Community Centre every hour from 10.30 am.
* Try your hand at fishing for a trout with some expert guidance and advice. Bait and tackle will be provided. Register at the Eildon Community Centre.
* Stop and chat to the experts about the basics of fishing.
* Learn how to fly fish at a fishing workshop including casting skills and learning which knot to use. All equipment supplied.
* Now that you've learnt how to catch a fish, learn how to cook fish like an expert with handy hints from a renowned local chef.
* For the kids there will be a jumping castle, face painting, balloon tying and more.
* Stay for the fireworks at the Eildon Pondage at 7pm.
The trout fishing season in Victorian rivers opens at midnight on Friday 31 August, 2018.
Eildon is approximately 2 hours north-east of Melbourne. Click here for visitor information, including accommodation options.