I am a 28yo freelance writer/photographer living in Perth, Western Australia. Check out my blog: introgeek.wordpress.com
Published December 28th 2012
Melt in the mouth biscuits
Now, these were my most favourite biscuits ever. And then when I was diagnosed with Coelaic Disease, I could no longer eat them. So after years of self pity, one day I woke up and thought to myself, why can't I just make them myself? So I looked for a recipe to turn them gluten-free.
1 tsp vanilla extract cup brown sugar 1 egg 1 ¼ cup GF SR Flour cup GF plain flour cup desiccated coconut cup raspberry jam
60g Butter softened
¾ cup pure icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven 180c and line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Using an electric mixer beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until well combined. Then stir in flour and coconut until dough is formed.
3. Put dough in a piping bag and pipe even sized dough onto the trays. Push tops down with fork to half the size and rough the surface.
4. Bake biscuits for approximately 12 minutes. Cool on trays, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile make cream filling: beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Then beat in vanilla and milk.
6. Pipe cream onto centre of biscuit and ½ tsp jam onto centre of another biscuit. Gently press the two together.