"Glengallan", even the name conjures up an expectation of grandeur and the Homestead, certainly delivers. Glengallan Homestead can be located at 18515 New England Highway close to Warwick. It is now run by the Glengallan Homestead Trust Limited and donations for its upkeep and continual restoration can be dropped in a box in the café at the gates of the Estate.
John Deuchar came to Australia in 1839 to work as a stockman. He arrived on the Darling Downs in 1840 working on the Condamine as a stockman and later as manager of Goomburra, Rosenthal and South Toolburra Stations. He entered into a partnership with Charles Marshall of Glengallan and established the Canning Downs leases. He became the managing partner of Glengallan and Mr Marshall lived mainly in England.