A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Published November 2nd 2017
Find Something on This List to Give as a Gift
Christmas is a difficult time for me as even though I do not have to buy many presents, I always have the problem of what to buy. So this list will give you a few ideas which I hope will help you during the year as well!
1. AESOP JET SET KIT This is for travel and something that I would love, as I hate taking large amounts of everyday items that we need including shampoo, moisturiser and the like. This set has four bottles and would be easy to put in a makeup bag or even carry in your handbag!
Cost is just $41 and it is available at all David Jones stores.
2. PARKER PEN I love using good pens, and although we use computers a lot nowadays, I still like to have at least 3 "nice" pens to write with. This one is a PARKER - IM Premium Blue Chrome Trim Ballpoint Pen and is also available with a black and gold trim.
This pen costs $59.95 and is available from Myer stores.
3. HOW IT WORKS This is a nugget of wisdom from bestselling authors Jason Hazeley and Joel Morris. This delightful book is the latest in the series of Ladybird books which have been specially planned to help grown-ups with the world about them. The large clear script, the careful choice of words will allow adults to think they have taught themselves to cope. Featuring original Ladybird artwork alongside brilliantly funny, brand new text.
This sells for $22.95 and is available at Corner Store in Fremantle and Claremont.
4. MOET & CHANDON - BRUT
This can be for both HIM and HER as many people like this exclusive brand of champagne. It is a Brut Imperial Non-Vintage, was created in 1869, and it embodies Moet & Chandon's unique style, a style distinguished by its bright fruitiness, its seductive palate and its elegant maturity.
This costs around $63 for a 750 ml bottle and is available at all liquor outlets and department stores.
5. KIP & CO NIGHTIE Now that spring is here, nightwear makes a great gift as it is always nice to have something pretty and cool for the coming hot weather. And the good thing about this is, you do not need to know an exact size. This one is a super soft 100% cotton jersey nightie with pocket, or can even be worn as a super long tee shirt.
Cost is $55, and it is available from Remedy at 131 Oxford Street, Leederville.
This is for either HIM or HER and this is a great gift for those who want to spend a bit more! This is a large Charge 2 Heart Rate plus Fitness Wristband in plum and silver and especially for those who love technology!
It costs $249.95 and is available in several colours from all Myer stores.
7. WHISKEY GLASS
If HE or SHE loves to drink whiskey, why not get a fancy whiskey glass by Denver & Liely - it is always nice to have a beautiful glass whilst sipping that drink late at night! This glass costs $54.95 and is available from Compendium Design Store at 49a High Street, Fremantle.
8. LAMBSWOOL STEERING WHEEL COVER
This is another gift that is suitable for HIM or HER - ever come back to your car on a hot Perth day and found you cannot touch the steering wheel? This often happens to me, and I therefore, bought a sheepskin cover to prevent this happening. They start off quite bulky but they eventually are not so thick after a few months, as they tend to flatten down. A brilliant idea for the person who has everything.
These cost $40 normally and are currently on special at Eagle Wools, 229 Hampton Road, South Fremantle.
9. VINTAGE WASHING BASKET
Once again for HIM or HER, this is a great decoration for that table, or verandah, and you could even put a pot plant in it. It is a vintage Turkish galvanised olive/grape washing basket and would make an ideal gift for those who love "old" things or who have antiques in their house.
It costs $85 and is available from the Ottoman Empire at 17 Blinco Street, Fremantle.
10. BLING TRINKET BOX
Boxes are always handy to store things, whether it be in the bathroom, bedroom or to store jewellery. These small bling boxes are quaint and highly colourful, making them a good idea for knick knacks!
They cost just $5.95 each and are available at The Blue Budha who have many stores and you can see the list here.
11. MEN'S LEATHER WALLET
Most people do not seem to "get round" to buying new wallets often, and I often see ones used by both men and women that are way past their use by date! A HERSCHEL Charlie Leather Wallet would make an ideal gift for him and he can throw the old tatty one out!
Available in several different colours, this tan one is pure leather and costs $59.95 from Myer stores.
12. KEY HANGER
Do you know someone who is continually forgetting where they put their keys? Most of us do and this gift is ideal to organise the whole family so that no one will lose their keys ever again! It is a HOOKS 4 BIRD METAL hanger that attaches to a wall and as you come in, you just slip your keys on here - a fabulous idea and one that every home should have.
This one costs $34.95 and you can buy this at Panache Living at 112 Terrace Road, Guildford.
13. SALAD SERVERS
You can always use another set of salad servers and this one is a novelty one featuring kangaroos! It is an URBAN BUSH Kangaroo Design Handle Salad Servers and they are 18/10 Stainless Steel, presented in a drawstring calico bag. Being stainless steel, they will wash well in a dishwasher and make a "cute" gift.