Stuck for ideas for what to get your mum for Mother's day? Here are ten suggestions.
1. Get her name written in Chinese animal symbols representing different virtues such as love, joy and success. This unique gift is available at Queen Victoria Market for $20, an additional $5 charge for lamination.
Chinese name writing at QVM
2. Various companies run cruises along the Yarra River. You may wish to have a shorter sightseeing cruise, or spend a little more time with a dinner package.
3. A horse and carriage ride is a relaxing way to see the city from a different perspective. A 30 minutes city tour costs $100, but shorter and less expensive trips, dependant on distance and route, may be negotiated.
4. Gold class tickets to Village Cinemas is an especially nice gift for mums with young kids who don't seem to get much time to themselves.
5. Simple ideas are often the best, so why not pick up a box of handmade chocolates from speciality stores such as Cacao or Koko Black, and a bouquet of flowers; both to surely bring a smile to her face.
Flowers are always a good idea
6. For an extravagant gift, but she is worth it, take your mum on an experience she will never forget – a hot air balloon ride where she will be floating above the clouds over the city or the Yarra Valley to watch the sunrise, followed by a champagne breakfast to compliment the experience.
7. Treat your mum to an evening at the theatre or ballet. If you're not sure of what to see, go to HalfTix on Swanston Street, for helpful ideas and amazing deals on the day of the show.
8. Pack a picnic basket with your mum's favourite food and drink, and enjoy the outdoors together in one of the many beautiful gardens in Melbourne.
9. Treat your mum to a pamper package at one of the numerous Melbourne Day Spas. If you have more time on your hands, take her to Daylesford for an ultimate Day Spa experience.
10. Spoil your mum with something as simple as making her breakfast in bed, and spending the day with her doing things she loves to do. She'll love you for it.
Make her breakfast in bed and spend the day with her.
Do you have other gift ideas for mums? Please share by leaving a comment.
If you really want to spoil Mum this year, a great gift idea for mums especially with young children, is a fingerprint impression necklace pendant or bracelet charm. These gorgeous handmade keepsakes are a perfect unique gift that mum can wear and love forever. See them atwww.purecharm.net