1. Charter A Yacht As spring approaches, why not enjoy the water by chartering your own sail boat? Victorian Yacht Charters offers luxury cruises such as Jazz Lunch Cruise ($165 pp for 2hr), Penguin Cruise ($185 pp for 3hr), and even an overnight cruise ($795 per couple). So leave the hard work for someone else, sit back sip on some Moet and enjoy the view!
2. Melbourne Cricket Ground
Melbourne is known as the sporting capital, so treat your dad to a tour of the MCG ($20) and/or tickets to an AFL match. MCG tours run for 75-90min and includes a tour guide.
3. Helicopter Flight What better way to view this beautiful city than from up in the air? Melbourne Joy Flights offers a 20 minute scenic tour covering Flemington Race Course, Docklands, Port Melbourne and St Kilda Beaches, MCG and various CBD sights.
For adrenaline junkie dads, hire a V8 sports car and let him live his dream of being a Grand Prix driver! Various special packages are on offer for Father's Day, most including race suit attire, photograph, and hot laps in a V8.
5. Golf For an outdoor adventure, look into Golf Tourism Australia, and book a day trip or "stay and play" package. Choose from a one day getaway, or for the enthusiast up to a twelve day adventure; alternatively, request a customized tour package.
A decadent meal is always a winner!
6. Degustation Meal Enjoy a decadent meal at one of a choice of restaurants such as Gordan Ramsey's "Maze" at Crown Towers or for something uniquely Melbourne, go aboard the Tramcar restaurant and enjoy viewing Melbourne attractions during dinner.
7. IMAX For movie lovers, buy a ticket to a blockbuster, documentary, or 3D movie at IMAX. The changing schedule should have something of interest for all.
9. Magazine Subscription If reading is more his style, obtain a one year subscription to National Geographic, Time, or The Age, to name a few. With many DIY, art, science, economics, finance, news, photography, magazines to choose from, you may inspire your dad to start a new hobby or continue his current one.
10. Carlton United Brewery Loves to drink beer? Book him and his mates in for a CUB tour in Abbotsford. The tour includes learning about the history of the brewery and the process of beer making, ending with a tasting of a range of beers. $25pp ($20 concession of for groups of more than 10)