Next time you're in the kitchen thinking of something to bake, why not try this simple recipe for a giant cookie. If you're looking for a way to impress someone special, or find a unique present for someone's birthday, then this giant cookie will be the perfect gift.
1/4 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 egg yolk 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 1/2 cups self raising flour 1/2 cup white choc chips
1/2 cup milk choc chips
dark choc chips for decorating
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Spray your round pan with cooking spray. Cover the pan with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter, sugars, and yolk. Use an electric beater until they are light and creamy. Add the vanilla bean paste until combined.
3. Add flour and the white and milk choc bits. Use a wooden spoon and stir until just combined. Use you hands and knead the mixture to form a dough.
Cookie Dough Rolled into a Ball
4. Roll the mixture into one large ball. Place the ball in the centre of your round pan and flatten the ball on the pan. Make sure that your cookie has an even thickness.
5. Decorate your cookie with the dark chocolate bits. You can write messages in your cookie like "I love you" or "happy birthday," or if you like you can draw a picture with choc bits.
6. Bake the cookie for 16 minutes in a fan forced oven.
Cookie Ready to be Baked
When your cookie comes out of the oven let it sit for a bit, it should be crisp but not burnt. Once the cookie has cooled down transfer it to a plate or tray. Leave it attached to the baking paper, but cut around it so that you cannot see it. You can also buy pizza boxes from packaging stores to present your cookie. This is a tasty gift that will impress anyone you give it to.