Family fun, festivals, gardens, tours, workshops and fairs. There's so much happening in Macarthur this September.
Pick up new skills, make friends, sample local produce or do something new and different. It's all about having fun in Macarthur.
1. Cinema Under the Stars Date: 8 September 2018 Time: 5:00 pm 9:00 pm About: Spring and the outdoors are made even better with movie night under the stars. Bring your picnic blanket and snacks and enjoy a movie on a massive 12m x 7m movie screen. There will also be pre-show activities from 5:00 pm, food and drink will be on offer from many enticing stalls around Lakeside. The movie showing: Despicable Me 3. Where: The Australian Botanic Gardens, Narellan Road, Mount Annan Cost: Free
2. Campbelltown Investigative Ghost Tours Date: 8 September 2018 Time: 6:30 pm 10:00 pm About: Get involved in an exciting historical ghost tour to Campbelltown's haunted hot spots. For lovers of all things ghostly, this is an eerily fun time. Go ghost hunting and participate in an investigation with Sydney Investigation Ghost Tours, hosted by paranormal investigators. Participants must be 18 or over. Make sure to wear comfortable footwear. Where: Tour departs from the car park at Koshigaya Park, Camden Road, Campbelltown. Cost: $69.00 per person, including hot drinks, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks.
3. Dharawal Guided Indigenous Walk Date: 8 September 2018 Time: 9:00 am and 11:30 am About: Discover the Dharawal National Park and learn about Indigenous heritage on this guided walking tour. Learn about Indigenous heritage, wander with an expert Aboriginal Discovery Ranger, and take a fresh look at these surroundings from a Koori perspective. Bookings are essential. Where: Dharawal National Park, Wedderburn Cost: $10.00 per person
Walking tour in Dharawal National Park
4. Sustainable Living Workshops Dates: 8th & 15th September 2018 Time: Various - See below workshop program for times. About: The Macarthur Centre for Sustainable Living offers a range of free workshops throughout the year, to help you discover sustainable living. Bookings essential. Workshops on offer:
Garden to Table - Intro to Kombucha Is Kombucha for me? 8/9 10:00 am -12:00 pm
Garden to Table - Intro to Fermented Foods - Is Sauerkraut for me? 8/9 1:00 pm 3:00 pm
Garden to Table - Indian Cuisine 8/9 12:00 pm 3:00 pm
Pest Free Vegetable Garden 15/9 10:00 am 12:00 pm
Introduction to Bee Keeping 15/9 1:00 pm 3:00 pm
Where: Macarthur Centre for Sustainable Living, 1 Mount Annan Dr, Mount Annan Cost: Free
Is Kombucha for you?
5. Observatory Open Night Date: 15 Sept 2018 Time: 5.45 pm onwards, (half hour after sunset) This event is weather permitting - visit Observatory website or contact the society for confirmation. About: Look at how interesting the night sky really is and see objects which are up on the night, including the Moon, planets, nebulae and galaxies. Where: Located at the corner of University Drive and Milky Way, Campbelltown. Cost: Free
6. Camden Garden Festival Date: Friday 21st 23rd September Time: Various, see the full program here for details. About: Camden Garden Festival is perfect for garden lovers. You will learn how to grow your own food, design backyards, buy beautiful plants for a bargain, listen to talks from expert gardeners, attend workshops and explore open gardens. Inspiring and fun for all.
Friday 21st - Tea and Terrariums at Toni's and an evening Launch event
Saturday 22nd - Camden Community Garden Open Day, talks program, workshop: Make your own macrame plant hanger, Camden Park House Open Day and Glenmore House Kitchen Garden Tour and Afternoon Tea with Mickey Robertson
Sunday 23rd - Veggie Gardening Masterclass with The Veggie Lady and Camden Park House Open Day
Where: Various locations throughout Camden Cost: Ranging from free to $77 per person, depending on the event you attend.
7. Annual Vintage Fifties and Collectables Fair Date: 16 September 2018 Time: 9:30 am 3:00 pm About: Don't miss a fun-filled day of memorabilia and collectables from the 1950s. There will also be plenty of entertainment, vintage fashion, dolls, jewellery, antique smalls and loads of other interesting stalls. The annual Campbelltown Vintage Fifties and Collectables Fair is a fun-filled day of memorabilia and collectables from the 1950's. Enjoy plenty of entertainment, vintage fashion, dolls, posters, art deco, linen, coins, music, jewellery, and plenty of interesting stalls - Everything will be for sale. There will be dance demonstrations and a fashion parade. If you come dressed in your 50's style clothes, you could win a prize for 'best dressed' on the day. Where: Campbelltown Catholic Club 20-22 Camden Road, Campbelltown Cost: Adults $7.00, Children $2.00, no concessions.
8. Historic Camden Park House & Garden Tour Date: 22nd & 23rd September 2018 Times: Saturday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm; Sunday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm About: Historic Camden Park House built in 1835 for wool pioneers John and Elizabeth Macarthur is open for one weekend a year. Tour through this historic Georgian mansion designed by John Verge. Explore the colonial garden filled with spring blossoms and rare botanical plants. Enjoy Devonshire tea or a BBQ lunch. Plant, gifts and produce stalls on display. Where: Camden Park Rd, Menangle Cost: House & Garden Tour - Adults $20 | Concession $15 | Family (2 adults & up to 3 children) $50. Garden Only - Adults $10 | Children 16 and under free (for Garden Only)
9. TASTE Food, Wine and Music Festival Date: 23 September 2018 Time: The gates at TASTE Food, Wine and Music Festival will open from 12:00 pm until 5:00 pm. About: TASTE Food, Wine and Music Festival is returning again as part of the annual Camden Festival. Indulge on gourmet food and enjoy wines from the region's best winemakers. There's live music, entertainment, face painting, an animal farm and jumping castle while taking in the stunning views from Camden Town Farm. There will be over 40 stalls and food trucks with a variety of tasty treats to choose from. Learn from the best at the cooking demonstrations meet and greet with celebrity chefs. Where: Camden Town Farm, Camden Cost: Free