I'm a grandmother, a retired teacher, an avid reader and Pinterest addict who loves historical re-enactment, English Country Dance, writing and Op Shopping. My business www.Step Into History.com.au is designed to help children experience history.
Published April 23rd 2014
Just because the temperature drops doesn't mean you have to automatically switch on the heat. Here are some simple eco-friendly ways to beat the heat bills.
1. Layers. Wear your old clothes as under layers - holey hosiery or socks and old T-shirts can be worn under more decent clothing especially at home. They can also be worn instead of pajamas.
2. Keep rugs and throws handy for snuggling up to watch TV or read.
3. Keep an extra coat and scarf in the car for when you underestimate the weather. Maybe socks, gloves and hat too.
4. Drink warm drinks - hot water with lemon, ginger and honey is healthy and warming.
5. Use a wheat bag or hot water bottle in bed, on the sofa, in the car, mini bags in your pockets.
6. Exclude drafts with proper draft excluders or just roll up a towel.
Stop drafts with a towel stuffed into an old jeans leg.