A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Published October 9th 2017
Find an interesting event this November in Fremantle
Fremantle is always a popular destination for both locals as well as tourists to Perth. With this in mind, the following is a list of events that are on in Fremantle during the month of November 2017.
1. PERTH CRUELTY FREE FAIR This free fair is your guide to all things cruelty-free. Over the course of the day, there will be an assortment of food stalls, fresh juices, coffee, information about living a cruelty-free life, cruelty-free products for sale, as well as entertainment for all ages. Loads of kids activities including a jumping castle, face painting and a special kids circus performer!
2. MSWA OCEAN RIDE 2017 The MSWA Ocean Ride is a unique cycling event that meanders along WA's beautiful coastline, from Fremantle to Hillarys. There are five ride distances to choose from, with something for all ages.
3. MELBOURNE CUP TERRACE TEA
Watch this grand race at Fremantle's premier entertainment venue overlooking the Norfolk Pines on Marine Terrace, Fremantle. Watch the race on three big screens while you enjoy delicious canapés and drinks from three pop up bars featuring Champagne, Hendrick's Gin and Dilmah cocktails. Your ticket includes three complimentary drinks from the pop-up bars plus canapes and paella.
For more information and bookings click here
4. THE GAVIN SHOESMITH TRIO
The Gavin Shoesmith Trio are influenced by Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Ornette Coleman and their music would be termed as Open Jazz. Each performance from the G.S.T. is unique in its approach and delivery!
You can get more information here.
6. ESCAPE FROM POMPEII: THE UNTOLD ROMAN RESCUE
In 79 BCE Mount Vesuvius erupted, burying the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum under huge waves of volcanic ash and debris. With this exhibition, you can explore the disaster that unfolded.
8. MARITIME DAY
There will be action throughout the western end of Victoria Quay, inside B Shed and on the water. It will be a fun-filled day for all ages, and you will find out all about the port, the maritime industry and maritime careers.
9. RICHARD CLAPTON
Richard Clapton is one of Australia's foremost singer/songwriters and paved the way for three generations of songwriters to write about the experience of being Australian.
Clapton grew up in Sydney in the 1960's before heading off to London, and then later to Germany, where he wrote his first album, Prussian Blue which was one of the first major Australian "singer-songwriter" albums.
For more information and bookings, click here.
10. FREMANTLE CHAMBER ORCHESTRA
Shaun Lee-Chen is back with Mozart's highly innovative Violin Concerto 5 the "Turkish". Fremantle Chamber Orchestra conducted by Christopher van Tuinen, opens with Handel's Concerto Grosso Op3 No5 and finishes with Haydn's Symphony 49 "La Passione".