Sangria and paella, a perfect winter warmer meal at QVM Winter Night Market #BED
1. Winter Night Market Every Wednesday, from June 3rd through to August 26th, 5-10pm, head to Queen Victoria Market Winter Night Market and enjoy a night of shopping, eating, drinking, and entertainment. Shop for arts, crafts and fashion produced and designed by local artists, taste mouth watering dishes from around the world, sip on winter warmer drinks, and dance to soulful rhythms of jazz to gypsy. Shop, eat, drink, and be merry!
Celebrate the newest (laser) and oldest (fire) sources of light at Federation Square's Light In Winter festival. Held from June 1st to June 21st, enjoy exhibitions, talks and screen programs. Be sure to join in at the Solstice on Saturday 20th June, to celebrate mid-winter with light, music, dance, and food. A family friendly FREE event.
3. Docklands Winter Fireworks
Every Friday night from July 3rd through to August 28th, from 6.30-8.30pm, enjoy music, entertainment, food for purchase, and a spectacular fireworks display at 7.30pm. Live musicians, fire twirlers, a wandering drumming group, drinks at bar prices, and food specials, makes this event perfect for friends, families, or those wanting a romantic evening outdoors. Cozy up and start your weekend with sparks!
4. Open House Melbourne Exhibitions, films, talks, and tours and workshops, all for free on Saturday July 25th and Sunday July 26th, at Open House Melbourne. Explore outstanding houses, buildings, infrastructure and landscapes, learn and be informed by a wide variety of talks and workshops. Open House Melbourne Weekend is runs from 10am-4pm both days, however check the program for opening times of buildings as some are only open for one day.
5. Nite Art On July 23rd, from 6pm-11pm, explore Melbourne at night through a web of galleries, museums, artist run initiatives and unexpected architectural spaces at Nite Art. There will will 30 art sites, over 3 precincts (University of Melbourne, City Central, and Arts Precinct), showcasing over 75 artists. This FREE event is not to be missed.
6. Getrude Street Projection Festival From July 10th through to July 19th, enjoy free and ticketed events at the Gertrude Street Projection Festival. For 10 nights, the length of Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, will be illuminated by the visions of talented local artists. Buildings, laneways, footpaths and tree trunks light up with site-specific, curated projections from 6pm to midnight each night. This FREE outdoor art gallery is ideal for family and friends.
7. European Night Market Head to Madame Brussels Lane on Friday July 24th & 31st and August 7th & 14th for a taste of Europe. From 5pm, indulge in German beer and sausages, Italian bomboloni and sweets, mulled wine, and freshly baked pretzels; shop at quaint market stalls; and enjoy live music and roving performers. End the work week with colleagues at this fun and FREE outdoor event.