1. Docklands Winter Fireworks Every Friday night from July 8th through to August 26th, from 6.30-8.30pm, enjoy music, entertainment, food for purchase, and a spectacular fireworks display at 7.30pm. Live musicians, fire twirlers, a wandering drumming group, drinks at bar prices, and food specials, makes this event perfect for friends, families, or those wanting a romantic evening outdoors. Cozy up and start your weekend with sparks! See you at 429-437 Docklands Drive Docklands.
2. Open House Melbourne
Exhibitions, films, talks, and tours and workshops, all for FREE on Saturday July 30th and Sunday July 31st, at Open House Melbourne. Explore outstanding houses, buildings, infrastructure and landscapes, learn and be informed by a wide variety of talks and workshops. Open House Melbourne Weekend runs from 10am-4pm both days. View the full list of buildings, and check opening times as some buildings are only open for one day.
3. Peruvian Festival Enjoy vibrant music and dance, and a huge selection of traditional cuisine at the 2016 Melbourne Peruvian Festival. Highlights not to be missed include pisco sour demonstrations and tastings, carnival rides, traditional dance shows, and the Salon Elegance Spiegeltent filled with live entertainment and dancing. The festival will be celebrated on Saturday July 16th from noon until 11pm, at 101 Waterfront Way Docklands.
Head to Madame Brussels Lane every Friday from July 22nd until August 12th for a taste of Europe. From 5pm to late, indulge in German beer and sausages, Italian bomboloni and sweets, mulled wine, and freshly baked pretzels; shop at quaint market stalls; and enjoy live music and roving performers. End the work week with colleagues at this fun and FREE outdoor event.
5. Getrude Street Projection Festival From July 15th through to July 24th, enjoy free and ticketed events at the Gertrude Street Projection Festival. For 10 nights, the length of Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, will be illuminated by the visions of talented local artists. Buildings, laneways, footpaths and tree trunks light up with site-specific, curated projections from 6pm to midnight each night. This FREE outdoor art gallery is ideal for family and friends.
6. Melbourne Yoga and Pilates' first birthday Celebrate Melbourne Yoga and Pilates' first birthday with free classes plus free goodie bags. Classes you can try include power flow yoga, power barre, Pilates and Pilates X. Located conveniently in the CBD at Level 1, 410 Lonsdale Street, the party runs from July 19th to July 21st, from 5pm to 7.30pm each day. Sessions limited to 25 people for a personalised experience, so book in here for your free class now.
7. Bastille Day French Festival Celebrate the French National Day by getting a taste of all things French in Melbourne: food, beverages, entertainment, and culture in and around the State Library Victoria. A program of free and ticketed events for young and old to enjoy. Enjoy free movies, theatre, and art exhibitions, or buy tickets to participate in workshops, food and wine master classes and educational conferences. The festival is held on July 16th and 17th, 10am-5pm both days.
All fun, family friendly events to enjoy Winter out of the house!