I am a travel writer and photographer with a passion for the great outdoors and food!
I love travelling and discovering hidden gems... experience the journey on Instragram! @gypsy_compass
Published December 2nd 2013
Sing away to your favorite Christmas Carols
It is that time of the year again; when Christmas lights sparkle the suburban streets, the smell of fruit cake lingers the air, laughter and love is being shared, and church bells unite humanity for one the best celebrations of the year; the birthday of Christ!
1. Carols in the Domain: Every year Carols in the Domain is a spectacular event; with free goodies, family-favourite hosts, and good old fashioned family gatherings. Date: 21 December 2013
Time: 8:30pm for Carols - entertainment commences from 12pm Where: The Domain Botanical Gardens, Sydney Website: www.carolsinthedomain.com
2. Family Village Concert – Alexandria: Packed with children's entertainment, live music, a visit from Santa himself and of course; no Christmas Carols is complete without fireworks. A visit to the Family Village Concert will certainly keep the kiddies entertained. There is so much on offer, including, sausage sizzle, gelato and $ 2 Santa Stocking, jam packed with goodies (all proceeds go to the Australian Children's Music Foundation). There's no better way to get into that Christmas spirit! Date: 7 December 2013 Time: 6:30- 8:30pm Where: Alexandria Park Oval, Power Ave, Alexandria
3. Christmas by the Beach – Dee Why: There is no better way to begin festive celebrations than the way we Aussies do it – Carols by the beach! It is filled with loads of day and night entertainment and activities. Markets on The Strand and twilight entertainment will be held at beautiful Dee Why Beach.
The Christmas Movie, as voted by the community on Facebook, is The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992).
Do leave the car at home though as there is limited car parking. Date: 20 December 2013
Time: 5.30pm - 10pm
Where: Ted Jackson Reserve, Dee Why
4. Carols on Norton- Leichhardt: They come in the hundreds, possibly thousands to witness one of the best carols in the state. Filled with traditional carols and Australian Christmas music, orchestra and over a hundred singers and of course let us not forget the amazing special Lantern Parade at Dusk; it is definitely a must visit this year! Date: 23 December 2013
Time: commences from 7pm
Where: Rotunda, Pioneer Park, Leichhardt
5. Christmas Carols at Queen Victoria Building- Sydney : This is truly a fun filled event for all ages, every Thursday nights at the QVB a live choir is bought together to a fun night filled with Christmas Carols. It is a must see when you are in town. Date: Now till 19 December 2013
Time: Every Thursday evenings
Where: Queen Victoria Building, 455 George St, Sydney
6. Carols by Candlelight – Lake Illawarra: Every year around ten thousand people gather at the beautiful Lake Illawarra to celebrate one thing – Christmas Carols! There are many activities, entertainment and special guests including Santa Claus and of course fireworks. Date: 13 December 2013
Time: commences at 5:30pm
Where: Reddall Reserve, Lake Illawarra
Be sure to try and enjoy all six for a very festive Christmas!