I'm a freelance writer and primary school teacher living in SE Melbourne. I love finding adventures for myself, my husband and our four kids to enjoy. Come along! Heart my articles, subscribe to the fun, follow along on www.facebook.com/WNMelbourne
From fine feasts to affordable 'dude food' for all Dads
Find the finest feasts and treats in and around Melbourne on this list of 40 "Dude Food" favourites:
1. Luna Park: Free Aussie barbecue and Dads ride free all day on Father's Day at Luna Park (St Kilda).
2. Melba Restaurant: Dinner buffet from $125 per adult (The Langham, Southbank).
3. Veludo: Book a table for Father's Day lunch or dinner, and get a free Boag's for Dad (St Kilda).
4. Campari House: Full menu available all day, plus a complimentary schooner of James Boag's for Dad. Bookings recommended on 03 9600 1574 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Melbourne CBD).
5. The Local Taphouse: "A European inspired neighbourhood tavern specialising in craft beers and exceptional food, drinks, events and hospitality." (St Kilda).
6. Cleveland Winery: Sunday Brunch (Open from 8am – 1pm): Buffet style country breakfast. Cooked to order fresh eggs and pancakes or yummy pastries. Plus wood fire pizzas served after 11am. Prices: Adults $30, Children under 12 - $15; Sunday Lunch (Open from 12 – 3pm) A la carte gourmet wood fire pizzas. Prices from $9 – $20. Bookings essential (Lancefield).
9. Eureka 89: Degustation and a la carte menu available; dining includes entry to Skydeck 88 (Southbank).
10. Nobu: Five course Omakase menu including a glass of Veuve Clicquot or Japanese Beer; $130 per person; available lunch and dinner. (Crown Complex, Southbank).
11. Koko: Five course set menu including a glass of Moët & Chandon Brut Imperial NV; $120 per person. Available lunch and dinner; a la carte menu also available (Crown Complex, Southbank).
12. Silks: Six course Chinese set menu, including a glass of Moët & Chandon Brut Imperial NV, $120 per person. Available lunch and dinner; a la carte menu also available (Crown Complex, Southbank).
13. No. 8 by John Lawson: Three course set lunch menu featuring a hearty roast main course and inclusive of Moët & Chandon Brut Imperial NV. $130 per person; offer available for lunch only. A la carte menu also available for lunch and dinner.(Crown Complex, Southbank).
14. Conservatory: Seafood buffet at Conservatory, includes a glass Moët & Chandon Brut Imperial NV. Lunch - $115 per adult, $55 per child; dinner - $90 per adult, $45 per child. (Crown Complex, Southbank).
15. Mesh: Seafood buffet at Mesh includes sparkling wine. Lunch only - $69.50 per adult, $35 per child includes soft drink. A la carte available for Dinner. (Crown Complex, Southbank).
16. Kitchen Workshop: Seafood buffet at Kitchen Workshop featuring prawns, oysters, mussels and even includes a bottle of local beer or glass of Australian wine. Seafood buffet Lunch - $55 per adult, $22 per child includes soft drink; standard buffet available for dinner. (Crown Complex, Southbank).
17. Margo's Lunch or dinner on Father's Day; indulge in the hearty rib eye steak and beer special or enjoy Margo's full a la carte menu offering. Located on casino floor, 18 yrs only.(Crown Complex, Southbank).
18. The Vincent: "Blues, Brews, and BBQs" Father's Day Lunch; Adults $45 (Albert Park).
19. Sky High Mount Dandenong: Father's Day breakfast and lunch buffets, from $45 per adult. (Mount Dandenong).
29. Stillwater at Crittenden: Choose three courses from full a la carte menu for $75 per adult and $35 for children under 12. Bookings essential: 03 5981 9555 (Dromana)
30. Pier 10: 3 course lunch with live music. $60 per adult; kids under 12 meal and ice cream $18.50 (Shoreham)
31. Einsteins and Einstein's Relative are new favourites of mine; delicious whole foods, generous Dad-sized portions, efficient and unpretentious service. (South Yarra and Caulfield North).
32. LuxBite: Dad's dessert mecca of Asian (Malaysian) and Australian delights. Open 7 Days, 10.30am - 7pm (South Yarra)..
33. A la Folie: Just a jaunt away from LuxBite (above) if you're looking for more sweets, Melbourne's best macarons are found at A la Folie. Sunday to Thursday : 10:00 am to 5:30 pm; Friday and Saturday : 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (South Yarra).
34. Adriano Zumbo's: This Pâtissier Bakery in South Yarra/Toorak is perfect for the quirky and innovative Dads out there. Maybe start here before heading to the two sweet houses above, as you can start with some favourite savoury snacks like artisan pies, sausage rolls, and quiches. They have also recently added a range of hand crafted ice creams to the line-up. (South Yarra).
35. Customs House: All day Father's Day Brunch (8:30am-4pm), a la carte from $9.50 (Geelong).
39. SeaRoad Ferries : High Tea on the High Seas: High Tea served in the Portsea Lounge on board the Queenscliff Sorrento Ferry. High Tea on the High Seas package is $40.00 per person and includes immediate return travel on the same ferry for a leisurely experience. Noon from Sorrento, 3pm from Queenscliff; bookings essential. (Sorrento and Queenscliff).