Last year I was lucky enough to have the pleasure of engaging in a training session with Max 'The Body' Philisaire at the Fitness & Health Expo at Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre. This year the Expo is back with a bang and is set to turn up the heat with a brand squatting new line up of special guests.
The Fitness & Health Expo is definitely for everyone from casual walkers to extreme athletes. This event brings the constant evolution of new exercise ideas and specialist techniques straight to your very own convention centre on August 20-21 from 10am – 5pm.
Book a session with a trainer, listen to a specialist present a talk or walk around and try some samples from the excellent nutritional stands. This event is for everyone to enjoy.
Ask the expert. Some of the biggest names in fitness like pro-surfer Sally Fitzgibbons, fitness model and coach Zac Smith and UK fitness star Simeon Panda will give talks on the new Healthy Living Stage and run FREE workouts over the weekend.
Gear and gadgets. The biggest and newest brands launch their latest gear at the Expo – high tech gadgets, fitness wear and nutritional products it's all available just for you!
Live and loud. Nothing's more inspiring than watching some of Australia's fittest sportspeople in action. A number of live sporting events will take place across three days including:
• Ninja Challenge: Expo Edition – Are you a fan of American Ninja Warrior? This event sees newbie ninjas test their strength and coordination on a Ninja Warrior-style obstacle course. There is no limit to the number of attempts per competitor at the closest thing to American Ninja Warrior in Australia.
• Super Squad Competition – a fun new concept for functional fitness lovers where strengths are celebrated and teams can share the load of skills, weight and conditioning. Run by Fitness League Western Australia in the Sage Fitness Arena.
• The West Coast Super Show – a Natural Bodybuilding and Sports Modelling competition, hosted by the International Natural Bodybuilding Association (INBA).
• The Head2Head Perth Invitational and the Perth Classic – the Head2Head Perth Invitational is an exciting new weightlifting format that sees four lifters compete on four platforms at the same time. They have six minutes to register their best snatch and six minutes to record best clean and jerk. The lifts are totaled on a live scoreboard.
• The Australian Raw Powerlifting Championships and International Pacific Powerlifting Invitational, reserved for the strongest men and women in the world, including current Superheavyweight World Champions who will attempt to set new records.
If you are considering a career in fitness there is plenty of support on offer from leading fitness industry training organization. The Expo is also co-located with Western Australian Fitness Industry Conference (WAFIC), the fitness industry convention offering educational sessions delivered by the industry's thought leaders.
For more information visit www.fitnessexpo.com.au and follow Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates on features, timetables and celebrities. General visitors can pre-book tickets online to save or pay $25 at the door. If you work in the industry, entry is free if you pre-register online and provide the appropriate identification.
Don't miss out on this spectacular event this August!