Lydia C. Lee is still trying to work out what to do with her one wild and precious life. She currently is a haphazard blogger. Read more at holidazeandhellidaze.blogspot.com.au or www.pandoraandmax.blogspot.com
It becomes harder and harder to find entertainment the whole family will enjoy, once the ages of the kids moves into teens, yet it's more important than ever to find activities to do as a family, and hopefully have a little bit of fun together.
Anyone with a teenager will know how precious those smiles can be some days. Here's a list of fun for the family that even an adolescent will love:
1. Escape Room Games. Under the guise of a puzzle solving adventure, team work is required. These games are fun, and aimed at different levels. There is a sense of accomplishment as you move through the tasks, and a flurry of excitement when you solve a stage.
3. Go to the beach, but take a bushwalk there. Everybody loves a day at the beach, but the magic of an almost empty beach, and one that takes a little effort to get there is even better.
4. Go out to lunch - but make a day of it. Take the ferry to Ettalong or do the Grand Pacific Drive, both taking in stunning scenery along the way, and offering more than just a simple weekend lunch.
5. Get active on a ropes course. It's something you can do together that will push both of you to your limits, and is great fun to boot.
6. Go on an electric bike tour or indoor skydiving. . Both of these are expensive but worth every cent. You will be grinning from ear to ear as a result, and sharing that excitement is a great bond building experience, so in my book, worth every cent. Go karting will also give everyone a buzz.
7. Try a new sport - archery or fencing are always good fun. You never know, you may get a new family sport.