A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Don't miss this new music festival
The creators of iconic music festivals Origin NYE, Castaway and Summer Salt are combining forces and together, they are creating a new music festival experience, Fidelity!
Fidelity is a Perth-based exhibition of local, interstate and international arts, music and culture. This exciting newly arranged event will include a single stage of the following:
Live international talent
A local marketplace
Live artist installations
A local array of upmarket cuisine
The stage lineup is an exciting mix of "curated international artists and globally renowned festival headliners", some of whom are performing in the West for the very first time!
This is going to be a truly exciting event and one not to be missed. It is Perth's newest boutique music festival and Fidelity Festival will bring an eclectic mix of iconic and some of the best new artists. It will be a momentous day with a mouth-watering food village, bars and a whirlwind of entertainment throughout the day.
* Alt-J Alt-J have become one of the biggest British bands of the 21st century's second decade. "Art-electro, math-folk, hymnal-rock", the music made by alt-J is the sound of cutting-edge innovation. Ten years after forming at Leeds University, alt-J are a post-guitar group for the new-pop generation.
* Cashmere Cat Globally acclaimed electronic all-star, Cashmere Cat will be finishing his Australian tour at Fidelity. Born in Norway, LA-based Cashmere Cat, otherwise known as Magnus August Hoiberg, has been "warping the boundaries" of electronic music since emerging in 2012, and he is one of music's hottest properties right now.
* Future Islands The Baltimore-based band, Future Islands have gone from cult favourites to synthpop icons following their 2014 fourth album release. Lead single from Singles, 'Seasons (Waiting on You)' was considered the best song of 2014 by Pitchfork, NME and performance on the Late Show at the time was the most watched.
Fatimah Warner aka Noname, sings rap which she creates. In 2016 she was named by Rolling Stones, "Complex, Dazed & Confused, Pitchfork, The FADER" and one of the most exciting and new artists of 2016.
* The Shins Grammy-nominated American indie rock band, The Shins have been around for over 20 years and James Mercer has remained at the helm. The band reached critical acclaim from the 2003 album from the likes of The New York Times, MOJO, and Rolling Stone to solidify The Shins iconic standing.
* Warpaint LA four-piece Warpaint made their Opera House debut earlier this year as they toured the east coast and kicking off their Australian tour with alt-J in Perth. The indie rock band beats have made them a festival favourite around the world.
To keep this a safe Festival, there are very strict conditions for entry, and some of these are:
The name of the ticket must exactly match the attendee's photo ID. These details need to be accurate to ensure entry is granted and if there are errors, you will be required to purchase a "Name Change" for the ticket and any discrepancies may result in cancellation of the ticket without refund.
Acceptable forms of ID are Australian Drivers Licenses, WA Proof of Age Card, WA Photo Card, WA Learners Permit and Passport. All of the above must be valid and within date, originals and not copies or scanned versions. If you do not have any of these forms of ID, it is recommended you bring as much support photo ID as possible, yet entry will be at security's discretion on the day.
Fidelity 2017 is strictly an 18 years of age and over event. Entry to the venue is by valid photo ID checked by security at the gate. Underage patrons will not be granted entry by attending with a guardian.
BRING YOUR TICKET
It is recommended to bring a printed copy of your Ticketbooth e-ticket to be scanned at entry. While mostly your ticket can be scanned from your phone, there can sometimes be issues from screens, so be prepared, avoid disappointment and bring your printed copy.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENT
You may be asked to show the credit card you purchased your ticket with. If you cannot, we recommend bringing along as much supporting I.D. as possible.
There will be ATMs and some EFTPOS facilities in parts of the festival grounds, however, it is still recommended that you bring cash with you.
Staff, police, sniffer dogs and security may be required to search you on arrival. Harsh penalties including immediate ejection from the event, fines and possible criminal charges apply to those found carrying any of the following items: