I'm a writer who loves sharing her Sydney experiences
Published February 5th 2015
If you've got kids that have not only learned to walk but have taken it upon themselves to run everywhere they go and take pride in running away from you then you're going to love this compilation of fenced playgrounds in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs.
1. Malabar Park Highly recommended by Eastern Suburbs mums this beach-side playground is a large and beautiful spot. With plenty of parking on the street or along the beach and a couple of cafes across the road this is an ideal spot for play dates.
Malabar Beach Playground Image Credit: Randwick City Council
While it might be hard to get a park in the parking lot closest to the playground on a hot summer day this playground is ideal for kids of all ages. Go from a day at the beach to the playground in just a matter of steps. It can get a bit crowded through so if you're after a peaceful afternoon at the park, this might not be the place for you.
Maroubra Beach Playground Image Credit: Randwick City Council
3.L'Estrange Park Mascot This hidden treasure has gone from strength to strength since it was remodelled a couple of years ago. Not only is it a fenced playground full of fun equipment for kids of all ages, but the basketball hoops can also keep your older kids busy. There is plenty of parking surrounding the park and it is a short walk away from Mascot shops in case the kids get a bit peckish for a snack.
L'Estrange Park Image Credit: HomeEstateAgents.com.au
4. Lyne Park and Playground Rose Bay Watch the sea planes take off and land with the kids in this fenced playground that is loaded with fun. There is a small cafe available for mums groups. However if you're looking to host a party there on a weekend make sure you get in early and make a booking.
Lyne Park Playground Rose Bay Image Credit: Woollahra Council
5. Bieler Reserve Randwick This small to medium-sized playground has been upgraded to contain even more equipment for the kiddies. It is fully-fenced and shaded and only a short distance from Frenchman Road shops.
Bieler Reserve Playground Image Credit: Randwick City Council
6. Bondi Beach Playground This playground is recommended for mums with kids under the age of four as the equipment is aimed at a younger crowd, however there are normal swings for older kids and climbing rigs too. Remember it is at Bondi Beach, so it is pretty popular and parking is metred.
7. Queens Park Playground Randwick Highly recommended by 'mummy bloggers' this awesome playground is surrounded by the greenery of Queens Park. There is plenty of parking around the park and some picnic tables for snack time.
Queens Park Playground Image Credit:Randwick City Council
8. Rushcutters Bay Playground
This fantastic playground/cafe combo is perfect for mums groups. With plenty of low level equipment its an ideal choice for babies and toddlers. There is also pathways for bikes, scooters and rollerblades for older kids.
Rushcutters Bay Playground Image Credit: Woollahra Council