Federation Windmill Rotunda was erected in 2001 to commemorate the Centenary of Federation of Australia. The Federation of Australia was the process by which the six separate British self-governing colonies of New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia formed one nation.
This rotunda - the Windmill Rotunda as it is more commonly known by locals - is made from 20 feet windmills, that were brought in from a local property. The Comet windmills for this project were donated by Doug Brown of "Bogunda" (south of Prairie). These windmills that dated back to 1912 were originally used to pump water for stock.
Underneath the curved roof is original bush furniture, and all artwork has been created by local artists. There are interpretive signs under the windmill that explain more about how the windmill was used.