A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Published August 4th 2019
Lots of things to do on Father's Day
There are many places to go for Father's Day and this is a list of lunches, dinners and other events. This year, Father's Day is on 1st September 2019.
1. HENO & REY Heno & Rey offer mainly Spanish tapas. The cafe is located in the city and is just near Hay and King Street - it is near His Majestys, making it a popular dinner for pre-theatre dining. As a special treat, all dads receive a pint on the house with a meal purchase. Their information is in their website.
2. FATHER'S DAY AT BUNNINGS
This is on Thursday, 29th August, 6pm to 8 pm at Bunnings Cockburn Central, 71 Armadale Road, Jandakot. Bring your dad down to play some live laser gaming on their pop up battlefield at Bunnings Cockburn Central.
3. TONY ROMA'S This cafe is one of the better ones for Father's Day. It's a high rating and if you're on a budget you won't have to overspend! The price is around $25 lunch, menu which includes main and drink. This is situated on 919 Hay Street, Perth.
4. COOGEE BEACH CAFE Sunday, 1 September from 12 pm to 3 pm at Coogee Beach WA Surf Life Saving Club Inc, 20 Poore Grove, Coogee. Here you will get doughnuts, burgers and beers. For just $20, you will get a burger with chips and a pint of beer, house wine or soft drink. There will be a free doughnut for dads on the day, otherwise available for purchase for kids and family members at $2 each. Bookings are essential phone 9494 1433 or email email@example.com. Or get your tickets at Facebook.
5. CATCH OF THE FATHER'S DAY This is a great idea from 9 am to 12 noon at Woodman Point, Coogee. Bring your Dad along for a morning of fishing with instructors from Recfishwest. You will bait your hook, practise your casting skills and learn how to handle your catch. After you have found your fishing skills, celebrate with a sausage sizzle. This is a FREE event. This event is supported by the WA Parks Foundation as part of Spring into Parks. Bookings are essential and you can book at their Facebook page.
6. FATHER'S DAY OLYMPICS This will be from 11 am to 12.30 pm at Jarrahdale Oval, 86 Millars Road, Jarrahdale. This will be on 31st August. Join in the family fun and games and receive:
FREE sausage sizzle
All equipment for traditional games like egg and spoon, sack race, wheelbarrow race and tug-of-war will be provided but please feel free to bring any additional refreshments or seating you require. Registration is essential, so please get your name down at the Facebook page.
7. C-RESTAURANT This restaurant overlooking the city and is a revolving one always has excellent food. C Restaurant is high in the sky on 33rd floor. The address is level 33, 44 St Georges Terrace, Perth, and their website is here.
8. THE VALE BAR & BISTRO This will be on from 11 am to 9 pm at 281 Beeliar Drive, Yangebup. Dad can have his favourite meal with our all-day a la carte dining this Father's Day. For bookings, you can call the venue on 6102 6800 or book online here. Or you can look at their Facebook page.
They are in 9/375 Hay Street, Subiaco. Here you will get some authentic Thai food served in a dining room. The menu is full of Thai favourites including stir-fries, Pad Thai and curries. You can check out their website here.
10. JUS BURGERS
This is a local burger joint at 1 Rokeby Road, Subiaco. It is well known for its famous thick-cut chips, its homemade slaw and their delicious burgers and sliders. It is not a fancy restaurant, however, it is a good one! For bookings and more information, go to their website.
11. BEST FATHER'S HAMPERS
There are several Father's Day hampers that you can have sent to your father. Some of these are:
Bockers and Pony
Out of the Blue - Gourmet Caddy
Beer O'clock - Cooler Gift Bags
A Little Luxury - Wine and champagne
Boxt - Father Day Gifts
12. FATHER'S DAY AT WANNEROO
This will be from 8 am to 10 pm at The Wanneroo Tavern, 18 Dundebar Road, Wanneroo. This tavern has good food and they will have a buffet breakfast. Enjoy Father's Day at The Wanneroo till 10 am and then for lunch and dinner from 11 am to 9 am. All fathers will be given a small gift on the day plus go in a draw. You can book and find out more at their Facebook page.
This will be on from 7 am to 3 pm at the BWG Steakhouse, 56 Duncraig Road, Applecross.
They will be open for breakfast and for lunch. For reservations and queries, contact the restaurant on 9315 7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact their Facebook page.
14. ONLINE FATHER'S DAY GIFTS
There are actually many places where you can get online gifts that could be sent, or you could pick them up as well. Some of them are:
Save the Children Bookshop, Mirrabooka
15. PIMLOTT AND STRAND RESTAURANT
This is in Dianella at 31 Pimlott Street, Dianella. This is a wonderful restaurant and the last time that I went out for lunch. You can find out more about this here.