I love travelling and writing, meeting people and experiencing foodie places.
Published August 21st 2019
Treat the man in your life to a very special day
Father's Day is a celebration of special men - the fathers, the grandfathers and those men who have mentored and influenced the lives around them. Here are some ideas to acknowledge these extraordinary men.
1. The Guy Tea at the Sir Stamford Circular Quay offers a three-tiered high tea of savoury delights for the man in your life. Flavoursome slow-cooked beef pie, delicious BBQ pork sliders, prosciutto and Persian feta on a baguette, crab meat and avocado shell as well as their own Stamford Signature curry puff and satay chicken skewer. To finish on a high note is a decadent chocolate brownie while he enjoys a choice of Chivas Whisky or a glass of Stella Artois. The Guy Tea starts at 11.00am and the cost is $69 adult, $32 children (6 - 12 years) and under 5 year olds are free. Book now so dad doesn't miss out on this mouth-watering occasion. Click here for further details.
2. The Boilerhouse Restaurant at the Q Station Manly will be serving a delicious eight plate share menu of Australian cuisine - wild fresh signature oysters with finger lime mignonette, Fraser Island spanner crab, hiramasa kingfish pastrami, zucchini fritters with truffle aioli, Riverine Angus flat iron with burnt miso, scallion and potato, fried brussels with fish sauce and mint. Delicious desserts to be served will be white chocolate parfait with strawberry, waffle and miso, and a caramelised pineapple pavlova with whipped coconut and cashew. A house beer, wine or soft drink is included in the adult ticket of $70. Kids under 12 years receive the kids' menu and a soft drink for $35. This special lunch for your man starts 12.30pm. Complimentary parking is available in the car park. Click here for further details.
3. Join a free tour of a butchery, a smokehouse and dry-ageing rooms and learn the secret art of how to dry age beef at the Argyle Smokehouse and Butchery, Rosebery. A fabulous lunch or dinner will be served with a 1kg dry-aged T-Bone or 1kg Dry Aged Tomahawk to share with free flow chips and salad for $50 per person. Each guest will receive a free jar of dry-aged beef salt. This unique Father's Day gift will endow you with favoured child status for many years. There will be a dessert trolley and an Oyster Bar by Appellation Oysters, $25 per half dozen. Lunch will be 12 noon - 2:30pm and dinner 6.00pm - 9:30pm. Bookings essential: email@example.com
4. Father Daughter Dance at The Fiddler, Rouse Hill. This event is on Saturday 31 August, 6.00pm - 9.00pm, the day before Father's Day. This special event, in its 5th year, is a way to encourage dads and daughters to spend a special evening together celebrating their relationship. Get dressed up, put on your dancing shoes and enjoy a fun night out with the theme 'Under The Sea'. Women and girls over 5 years old can attend with their father. If dad can't be there on the night, then a grandfather or father figure can attend. Dad can bring more than one daughter. Daughters can bring more than one dad. This is a ticketed event of $25 each. It is supported by Bring A Mate, a service which helps to improve mental health and reduce social isolation in men. Refreshments and finger food will be provided, it is an alcohol-free event. The Fiddler has a special meal deal for other family members to eat at The Fiddler's other dining areas.
5. Treat Dad to breakfast, lunch or dinner at The Governor Hotel North Ryde this Father's Day. Breakfast is 8.00am - 10.00am and the menu includes The Gov's Breakfast Board of eggs, bacon, tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms and toasted sourdough; bircher muesli, waffles, seasonal fresh fruit, unlimited juice bar and tea / espresso coffee (one per person). Cost for breakfast is adults $38 each, kids 5 - 17 years $24 each, with kids under 4 free. Lunch is 11.30am - 3.00pm with a la carte bistro menu as well as a live soloist from 12 noon. There will be free face painting, colouring in and balloon twisting for the kids for both breakfast and lunch. Dinner is 5.00pm - 8.00pm with a la carte bistro menu and free colouring in for the kids. But wait, there's more. Every Dad receives a complimentary schooner of 4 Pines Pacific Ale and goes in the draw to win a prize pack valued at over $500 including a family pass to the 2019 NRL Grand Final. Book online or call 9287 1418.
6. The Warrior Fun Run celebrates the great men in our lives - fathers, grandfathers, sons, brothers, uncles - in an event which raises funds for the Indigenous Marathon Foundation that uses running to drive change in Indigenous communities. The Warrior Fun Run is a major event of the Father's Day Festival at Centennial Park with a 5km or 10km run/walk or a 2km kids' and adults' dash. Adult tickets start at $45 for 5km, or $55 for 10km. The 2km dash is $15 adult, $10 child (6 - 17 years) or $40 for a family team (2 adults, 2 kids). Click this link for the event, or read my article for further information on this event.
7. The Ultimate Meat Feast for Father's Day is at La Boca Bar & Grill where your man can indulge in an all-you-can-eat Argentinean BBQ. Tender cuts of flavoursome lamb, beef, pork and chicken slow-cooked over traditional wood-fired grills. Every dad who dines on Father's Day will receive a complimentary glass of Stella Artois on arrival, served in a souvenir glass. This banquet is from 12.00 noon - 3.00 pm, adults $55, children (6 - 12 years) $26 and under 5 years are free. For more information, click here.
8. Sunday Brunch with Luke. Glass Brasserie is launching a Sunday series of brunches with Luke Mangan, starting on Father's Day. There will be an innovative five course share menu which includes delicious salmon rillettes, pickled cucumber, crumpets; zucchini flowers, beetroot hummus, gorgonzola, corn, soft herbs; crab omelette, okonomiyaki, bonito, nori, Japanese mayonnaise; spatchcock, pancetta, sage, parmesan, carrot; and luscious Key lime pie and meringue. Also served will be Aperol Spritz and French Rosé plus a bottomless beer for all dads. There is a children's menu of spring rolls, steak or fish served with chips or veggies, a choice of fizzy drink or juice, plus yummy ice cream with chocolate sauce. Adults $75, children $30. Father's Day can sometimes be busy and stressful going from one dad to the next, putting on a happy smile, then consider breakfast at Glass Brasserie. For $55 adults and $29 child, there will be a buffet with special items included, a surprise gift for Dad, an ice cream station for the kids and unlimited barista coffee. Glass Brasserie has partnered with Secure Parking (located under Hilton Sydney) for diners to park for $10 each Sunday for brunch. Click here for further information.
9. Father's Day cruises sailing on beautiful Sydney Harbour with Vagabond Cruises. Enjoy a 3 hour delicious seafood and carvery buffet lunch or dinner with tempting cakes and a free beer for dad. Cost is $75 adults, children (5 - 14 years) $55 lunch, $60 dinner. An early bird offer is available till 15 August on the lunch cruise.