Aspiring writer (particularly in film & music). Pop culture enthusiast.
Published October 31st 2011
I enjoy eating salads when they look creative and appetising. Your standard green salad is so boring. This salad is very easy to make, and you can plate it up however you like to make it look fancy.
Ingredients You can use as little or as much of each ingredient as you wish.
1. Chicken breast (sometimes I'll buy the roast chicken from the shops, or I'll use the leftovers from the night before)
2. Cherry tomatoes 3. Raw mushrooms 4. Cucumber 5. Mixed salad leaves 6. Salt and pepper to taste 7. Steamed asparagus
8. Balsamic dressing (or anything you desire)
Method 1. Cut and rinse your asparagus and transfer to a microwave safe bowl. Steam them for 1 - 1.5 minutes, using a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. Once they're cooked leave them in the fridge to cool down.
2. Wash your salad, and transfer to a salad bowl.
2. Cut up your chicken breast and add to your salad.
3. Cut up the cherry tomatoes, and thinly slice your mushrooms. If you want to add feta or cucumbers (or any other of your salad favourites) then do so now.
4. Mix everything together, and season according to taste. Once it's all mixed place your asparagus around the bowl. There you have it, short, sweet and simple. Enjoy.