Looking for fun activities to entertain your family this Winter? We have a few suggestions that we've tried in Perth, Our family had a blast last Winter and I hope your family will enjoy these activities too.
1. Bowling : there are a few bowling places around town
-AMF there are 4 locations Cannington, Morley, Joondalup, and Rockingham. Call 132AMF (132263).
Superbowl in Merville Centre - 248 Stock Road Melville WA (0893307486) and Warwick Centre - 12 Dugdale Street Warwick WA (0892465088).
-Rosemount Bowl - 464 Fitzgerald Street North Perth, WA 6006. Phone: (08) 9328 7246
2. Scitech is a fun indoor family place that is filled with experiments and hands on activities for big and small children. City West, Sutherland Street West Perth, WA (0892150700). Open everyday from 9 am - 5 pm.
3. Timezone at Event cinema complex in Innaloo. (0894462440) Shop 3 Leige st, Innaloo, ,open from 10 am to 10 pm everyday. Friday night extra fun with double bonus card. We had a great time playing game against each other and trying variety of games at Timezone.
4. Karaoke. It is our family favouritism activity. We laugh, dance and have a great time every time we go to karaoke place together. There are many karaoke places in Perth but we tried www.hitstudio.com" id="ccblink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Hit Studio Karaoke. It is a family friendly place that open during the day on the weekend and open early in afternoon during the week. (0892275288) 64 Francis Street, Northbridge, WA. It is a fun family activity especially if you have young teen or almost teen in your family.
5. Xtreme Ice Arena in Mirabooka 15 Chesterfield Road, Mirabooka, WA (08 9344 4400). They offer bumper car, public skating and disco light and DJ session. Other ice skating place are also available, such as Perth Ice Arena 708 Marshall Road, Malaga (92489060) - DJ and disco session also available. Cockburn Ice Arena 239 Barrington Street, Bibra Lake, (9434204066). 6. The Perth Mint. Visit a unique place where you can learn about Perth mining and its stunning treasure. The Perth Mint offers a combination of activities, exhibitions and demonstrations. You can participate in guided talk, watch a gold pour, see the gold exhibition, find the largest gold bar and Australia's largest natural nugget and engrave your own Medallion. Open 7 days from 9 am - 5 pm call 0894217223. You can bring your old gold to sell there - what a great way to find out how much you old gold is worth. 7. Western Australia Museum - Perth Cultural Centre 228 James St, Perth WA . A great place to go and learn about Western Australia this Winter. Free admission. Great exhibition year round. A place to learn about history of Perth, hands-on activities, a journey through the state's natural history and cultural heritage and feature a wide array of touring, long-term and internally developed exhibitions. I found that my children came out a little bit smarter than when they went in. They always learn something there.
8. Fremantle prison in Fremantle. Experience the living history, step inside and be transported back in time to experience both the good and bad of our history. The Prison offers a range of tours, each one unique and exciting in its own way.
Tours include: Doing Time Tour Great Escapes Tour Tunnels Tour
My children find it fascinating to be in the prison and go under the tunnel to explore the submerged passageways accessible only by boat. Great fun for the whole family.
Outdoor activities are still fun in the Winter on a dry day, I would recommend;
9. The Maze Fun Park. 1635 Neaves Road, Bullsbrook WA. When it is too windy or cloudy to go to the beach, having a picnic seems like a good idea. There are tons of activities for the whole family to do together. 6 different mazes, playground, disc golf, mini golf , garden chess, picnic area, kangaroos, emus and koalas and a cafe. Our family had a great time playing game together, trying to figure out the mazes and visiting animals. You can also go early in the morning to have breakfast with koala on Sunday.
10. Kings Park and Botanic Garden. Enjoy beautiful botanic gardens and magnificent landscape. Watch the sun set overlooking the city, having a picnic in the park or barbecue. My children love Kings Park are year round. It is always beautiful. We love spending family time at places where the children can enjoy themselves and adults can enjoy nature. Great place to hang out on Winter's day when the sun is out. My children love to wear big jackets and run around outdoor experiencing and enjoying Winter time.
There is so much to do and to see in Perth. We sometimes plan a dinner and movies night or visit theatres and shows around town. We've tried restaurants with kids, playgrounds & entertainment to get the kids excited about going out in the Winter time. Get out and experience Perth this Winter.