A stay at home Mum who doesn't stay at home much; too many exciting things to be discovering in this city...
There are plenty of events on this month to keep the whole family entertained. Don't be put off by the cold weather - lots of them are indoors anyway. Take your pick from the list below.
• Fun4Kids Festival From 1st – 8th July, Warrnambool will be hosting this annual festival for children of all ages. There will be live performances, children's films, entertainment and interactive workshops. This is a huge event and not to be missed. For more information click here.
Kids' Festivals and Concerts are a great treat for the Winter Holidays
From 11th – 16th July, enjoy this live show with plenty of singing and dancing. The little ones will love seeing their favourite characters on stage. Regular tickets cost $29 or splash out on a VIP Explorer ticket for $49 and meet and greet Dora and her friends after the show. For details on show times and locations, click here.
• Melbourne Magic Festival
Produced by the Australian Institute of Magic, this festival features magic shows, workshops, classes and competitions for children and their families, from 2 – 14th July. Click here for more information.
• Winter Fireworks On the 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th July, head down to the promenade at Waterfront City, Docklands, to watch the winter fireworks. There will be roving entertainers from 6.30pm and the fireworks begin at 7pm. Click here for details.
• Wild Nights at Werribee Open Range Zoo Until the 14th July you can enjoy a wild night at the zoo, including the Fire Show Spectacular, Creatures of the Night nocturnal house, marshmallow toasting and Safari Bus Tours at 5.40pm and 7.15pm. For more details and pricing, go to the Zoos website.
• Bedtime Storytime Kids can cosy up in their pyjamas and take their teddies for a special 7pm storytime session at Ashburton Library. Call 9278 4666 for details.
• RBG Cranbourne Take your little fairies and elves along to a range of activities at RBG Cranbourne. Children between 2 and 5 years are encouraged to dress up in their bush fairy and bush elf costumes to join the fun. There is a small charge so see the RBG website for more details.
• Free Fun @ Fed Square Polyglot Theatre's giant ants will invade Fed Square daily, on the hour from 10am until 4pm. Watch their performance and join the hunt for the breadcrumbs which they love to eat.
• Icehouse Winter Skate Festival From 1 – 15th July the Icehouse have a variety of family friendly events on including an Ice Age 4 live show, on-ice games and family happy hours. For more details go to the Icehouse website