Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Melbourne > Comments > Fairfield Park Boathouse & Tea Gardens
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
fgstmw
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
I went there at the end of January, 2015 and sat on a step watching people and kayaker's taking lessons. It was a way day but sitting under the beautiful tree canopies was awesome and cool. The view was great too but my delight was all the Pacific Black ducks and one white duck all having the best times of their lives. They were very friendly and one decided to bond with me. It made one quack when near me and came to check me out numerous times over the few hours I was there watching. I came home and discovered a single quack from a duck is a female while males make low chattering tones. There were "millions" of ducks that day. Lots happened that was just so amazing....truly awesome.
My warning is that the steep path down IS STEEP! Upon returning to the car park it was a very strenuous task. Even a dog stopped and decided it wasn't walking up any more. It's a "killer" ...but oh do worth it. Just take it easy for those who aren't super fit. If I did it with a struggle any one can.
BTW, I didn't go to the cafe. Do I can't comment. My photos off my tablet are seriously awesome. Another great surprise. Oh I went on a Saturday mid morning. I tend think that the ducks should forage for themselves unless you take them specific duck food, but I didn't know ducks were there. Hehe I explained to the female duck I didn't bring food. She was fine. When leaving, she saw me and I guess it was a one quack for goodbye. A wonderful experience when at the time all the interaction was just for me. Priceless.
by summer (score: 2|473) 3028 days ago