I'm based in Singapore with interests in classical music, art & culture related talks, art fairs, ceramics, walking tour, food, travel, photography, pet dogs, fashion, sustainability and urban farming. Contact me at email@example.com
The Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. The famous night race will commence from September 15th to September 17th in Marina Bay.Here are 14 things to do in the F1 weekend in Singapore:
1. The Podium Lounge 2017 This year's star-studded line-up features Mark Doyle the creator of Hed Kandi and the Fierce Angel collective on Friday night. Catch 'Fierce Diva' Soraya Vivian, London's famous celebrity saxophonist Lady V and Cuban percussionist Pablo Calzado on the drums live on September 15th.
Macy Gray, Coolio and Fierce Angel are top entertainers fronting the event. Photo courtesy of The Podium Lounge 2017
The American rapper and Grammy Award winner Coolio, famous for his hits Gangsta's Paradise ,will perform for the first time ever in Singapore. The Grammy Award winner Macy Gray will perform her multi-platinum hits including I Try and Beauty In The World live on September 17th.
Maria Rahajeng and Giancarlo Fisichella. Photo courtesy of The Podium Lounge 2017
Guests can get up close with professional race driver Giancarlo Fisichella, alongside Maria Rahajeng (E! News Asia host and Miss Universe Indonesia 2014), will be hosting. He will be taking over the DJ podium on both Friday and Saturday night. It's not too late to book your ticket here.
2. Pit Stop @ Orchard - Photo Exhibition A photo exhibition showcasing the past races is on going until September 19th. Everyone can browse it for free.
Pit Stop @ Orchard. Photo courtesy of Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix
4. Pit Stop @ Raffles City Visitors can snap pictures on the podium standee, pose with the coveted trophy at the augmented reality photo booth and take a walk down memory lane with the Singapore GP champion's gallery from now until September 19th.
Pit Stop @ Raffles City. Photo courtesy of Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Grand Prix
5. 1-Altitude 1-Altitude features international DJs, Loudgarden and Madison Mars. Party-goers get to sip exclusive cocktails from Heineken, Johnnie Walker and Martini specially crafted for the event and enjoy a 360-degree view and one of the best vantage points of the street circuit. Don't miss the chance to have your photos taken with life-sized Martini Racing replica at A.L.T. Cafe & Bar.
6. Monti Monti collaborates with Fatfish Familia and The Little Black Book to throw an F1 afterparty featuring DJs Orio & Roco (IL), Just Mack (UK), DJ KFC Keith (SG). Tickets can be purchased here on Friday night.
Weekend Jazz brunch buffet will be held over the weekend from noon to 3pm. Diners get to try SB20 Sailing Experience on Marina Bay exclusive for F1 weekend brunch reservations only at $10 per person.
7. Waterboat House
The French-inspired 1919 Waterboat House restaurant in collaboration with Pirelli tires, the official tire supplier of the Grand Prix Singapore Season, allow guests to see two of the nominated tires from the 2017 Formula 1 Grand Prix from now until Sunday.
Head to The Rooftop for a luxurious European seafood, 4-hour free flow of champagne, and cocktail buffet while enjoying front row seats to the highly anticipated night-race! The dinner buffet will be priced from $280 per person on Saturday and Sunday.
8. License to Brunch!
License To Brunch: World's Highest Wagyu BBQ Brunch is held at Stellar at 1-Altitude, level 62 of One Raffles Place. The view from 282 meters up in the skyline of Marina Bay is splendid. For booking please click here.
License To Brunch: World's Highest Barbecue. Photo courtesy of Stellar at 1-Altitude
9. Formula one Free Flow Drinks at Zafferano's Terrace Lounge
Zafferano offers a spectacular aerial view of the racing tracks against the backdrop of the panoramic Marina waterfront from level 43 of Ocean Financial Centre. It is a perfect place for a gathering on 16 September with a 3-hour free flow drinks at terrace lounge with complimentary pizza bites for just $68.
10. Wooloomooloo Steakhouse Wooloomooloo Steakhouse at Swissotel the Stamford provides diners with a prime trackside position. On the race day, a minimum spending of $400 per person is required. Book now before it is sold out.
11. Altimate Circuit Party X Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve
Be treated to a Monaco-themed, EDM extravaganza at The Altimate Circuit Party in association with Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve. Identical twins, producer, and DJs, Loudgarden, will treat you to this high-energy rave party along with Resident DJs, BIG M SG and Deejay Lorri, and MC Sonorus. Price starts from $68 inclusive of 1 house pour & 1 GPSS cocktail.
The restaurant opens this Friday and Saturday with regular dinner in the restaurant. For the outdoor lounge area, a minimum spending of $200 per table with a maximum of 6 persons. From the Penthouse Level of OUE Bayfront, guests can view the race track.
13. Grand Prix Special Cocktails
Sip refreshing Grand Prix-themed cocktails priced at S$18
nett each at Post Bar, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore from now until Sunday. The signature Fullerton Hairpin is created to honour the location of The Fullerton Hotel Singapore at turn 13. Other selections are Fuel Up or Sweet Finish.
14. CÉ LA VI Race Weekend
Soak in the exhilarating energy of the Formula 1-night race with an unmatched view of the landscape and the roaring racetracks at CÉ LA VI at Marina Bay Sands. Take the party sky high with internationally acclaimed DJs likes DJ Shortee Blitz (UK), DJ and producer Gregor Salto (NED), Fred Everything (CAN) & Lexer (GER).