... a dreamer, freelance writer, naturopath, mother & former social work student based in the Blue Mountains. Continue the journey with me- Soul Home: https://www.instagram.com/the_soul_home/thewildemoon: https://www.instagram.com/thewildemoon/
In the interests of living life to the fullest, below you will find my list of twelve life experiences that beat a rumble in the bed. While these may be some of the best experiences a human can encounter in this universe, it's just the tip of the iceberg. What could you add to this hot list of life experiences?
You won't find any mention of petty indulgences like feasting on chocolate here. Nor will being beaten with whips and chains get a mention. Only those who haven't truly lived could possess such limited imagination.
1. Falling in love
2. A sudden reversal of fortune This occurs when life looks dire but fate intervenes and suddenly the head-lock over one's life is removed. For example, you have cancer and are given the news that it has suddenly disappeared. Or, as your car goes crashing over the cliff taking you to your death, it suddenly wedges on a tree and your life is spared. Come on. That is a feeling that is a hundred times better than sex. In fact, sex is like eating a plate of worms compared to that.
3. Taking off in a plane. The take-off is always more euphoric than the landing. In that brief exquisite moment there is the tantalising promise and untainted dream of all that lies ahead. Post landing, there is usually more fun ahead, but things tend to descend into a quagmire of practicalities, deadlines and vague irritations about one's luggage or the size of the hotel room. The imagination of a thing is mostly always the best part. Okay, so this doesn't apply to those who are phobic about flying.
4. Being a hero or heroine. There are few things more euphoric and gratifying than saving someone from a terrible fate. Your heroic deed may span years of hard effort or occur as a single swift action. Perhaps you saved a dog from being run over or you provided hospitality to a homeless child over many years. You have earned well deserved kudos from the Gods and have the gratification of having done something worthwhile in your brief sojourn through life. Helping others (especially the weaker) is the art of life.
5. Winning Lotto. What a blast.
6. Seeing the light. When revelation comes about life and it's deeper meaning, it's an experience that is quite orgasmic. Hallelujah!
7. A person you are in love with proposes to you.
8. Someone says they love you.
Unless it's the mentally disturbed stranger on the 380 bus, this is a goer. As they say in the songs, love is the drug, it makes the world turn around and it's what the world needs more of.
9. Being on the receiving end of a massage. As a massage therapist, I have encountered some odd people who are dragged unwillingly to a massage by partners, but for the rest of the population, to experience those tantalising touches easing one's aches and pains is pure heaven.
10. You come home after an exhausting and stressful day and someone has cooked dinner, cleaned the house and put the kids to bed. Put your feet up and let the stress glide away. Add flowers, a listening ear and a foot massage to the equation and one is truly blown away! This one applies more to women as many men receive this gift on a regular basis and think nothing of it. However, for a woman, this ranks as a rare and beautiful experience.
11. Major Career Achievement
You just got the news your book will be published. Finally, after years of struggle, you win that dream job. No debating the euphoria in that.
12. The sight of falling snow, cherry blossoms, the mountain top, autumn trees and so on.
I am talking here about the wonders of nature. It can bring tears to the eyes and provide an experience that is both spiritual, metaphysical and emotional. To see nature at its finest is one of the foremost reasons people travel far and wide. Yes, indeed, it is a thing to get you out of bed and into the world.
This is only a short list amongst scores of possibilities. What is your favourite life experience that rocks your world, lights your fire and makes you want to scream with joy?
Anyone lost for Xmas or birthday gift ideas, consult the above.
I would take sex over driving over a cliff any day, but a good massage is nice, but comparing a career achievement or a book publishing to sex is liking cooking rissotto with oats instead of rice because you ran out!
I dont buy this list for a second Linda Moon, my analysis is that you are repressed and seeking exactly that which you compare against on this list.
The lottery wont win you the experience of love, but it will get you places I grant it, the Hydro Majestic on a spring afternoon with a gin and tonic in one hand and a cigar in the other...a stranger approaches and comments on nothing in particular, friends meet and exchange banter and leave as ships passing in the night, nothing is greater than simply enjoying the experience of the moment.
As for when people say 'I love you' then actions always speak louder than words and so often the silent glances and knowing is better than this anyway, the knowingness that is real love is more important than a kiss, sex, a job promotion.
Nevertheless its an interesting list and definitely one of my ongoing quests and fantasises : )
Hi Linda. I like lots of these and struggling to decide which is my favourite. I think it was number 7 and then my husband proposed so now I think number 10 is my favourite. I have a 3 month baby who has decided sleeping at night is not as fun as being awake so I'm pretty tired most of the time. At the weekend my husband gets up with both kids so I can have a lie in and then he cleans up. Feels so great when I get up to enter calm and tidy!