Peeking over the edge of the cliff top is the Star of Greece restaurant , which was named for an early shipwreck off of this treacherous piece of coast. Sections of the hull of the Star of Greece, which came to grief in 1888, remain on the ocean floor and make for a popular diving spot. At low tide parts of the wreck may still be visible from the shore.
Caves, carved by a former generation, cluster near the base of the cliffs in one area. These "fishermen's caves", (see pages 52-54 in the link) some large enough to shelter a small boat from a turbulent sea, were dug out by keen fishing people in the early to mid 20th century. These days the caves are clearly popular with visitors. Signs of camp fires in front of the caves are a give-away that they are sometimes used for overnight camping.
There is parking at the Star of Greece restaurant, Esplanade, Port Willunga, or else at the end of a no-through dirt track that runs off the junction of the Esplanade and Star of Greece Road. At the bottom of the Star of Greece car park are the public toilets, with an outdoor cold water shower to rinse off after diving, swimming or surfing. There is also a dog water bowl located here, under a small porch.