I'm based in Singapore with interests in classical music, art & culture related talks, art fairs, ceramics, walking tour, food, travel, photography, pet dogs, fashion, sustainability and urban farming. Contact me at email@example.com
Insta-worthy F&Bs at Festival Village
In this second week of Singapore Night Festival 2017, we will see many more exciting programmes such as GLOBE - the main act; roving performances The Time Minders by La Galerie Mobile (Australia); The Bulb Heads by Sans Compagnie Fixe (France); dancers from Flamenco Sin Fronteras; a string puppet show by Frankie Yeo; Reprizzo Circus by Vlad Bond (Australia); pole dancing by The Rose Diamonds; and even a pro-wrestling match by Grapple MAX Dojo!
Visitors can shop and dine at the Festival Village while enjoying the nostalgic and romantic atmosphere at the SMU Campus Green. Here are Instagram-worthy foods to eat:
1. Burger Number One from 25 Degrees Singapore This newly opened Californian restaurant joins the festival for the first time. Diners have a choice of a beef or turkey patty for Burger Number One, Burger Number Two, and Burger Number Three, sold for $10 each. Curly Fries and Vanilla Milkshake are affordably priced at $5 each.
Burger Number One. Photo courtesy of 25 Degrees Singapore
The local donburi stall is back with Sh-Ken Don, Sh-Otah Don, and Sh-nack Don. The topping of dory fish skin is delicious, crispy and light as it's fried using only vegetable oil and sea salt without any artificial flavors. A regular bowl is sold at $7 and a larger bowl is priced at $9.
3. Porchetta from Uncle G's Handmade Porchetta, a pork belly stuffed with garlic and spring onions with condiments, is priced at $12 while Crispy Roast Pork with condiments is $8. It's soft, crispy, and delicious!
4. Roasted Gourmet Marshmallows from The Wicked Cream Co. It's yummy and fun to try this handcrafted handmade marshmallow stick. Best selling flavors are Sea Salt Gula Melaka, After Eight Mint, Chocolate Ferrero, and Salted Egg. Salted Egg Smore's Fries, Sea Salt Gula Melaka Ice cream, and Rock Melon Bowl are available too. Prices start at $4.
Handcrafted Handmade Marshmallows. Photo courtesy of The Wicked Cream Co.
5. Dark Night Milkshake from Sofnade This stall made a return with the Dark Night Milkshake. Created just for this festival, it's a large cup of blended cookies and cream, fresh maple syrup, charcoal, and ice cream. Chendol Softserve will be on sale too. Prices range from $5 to $7.50.
The Dark Night Milkshake. Photo courtesy of Sofnade
6. Poppin' Popcorn Chicken from Street Food Circus SG Indulge in the biggest ever Poppin' Popcorn Chicken in 32oz cup drizzled with piping hot cheddar cheese and a cup of Aloha Rainbow Bucket while you catch a show at The Pit, SMU Campus Green. Another item worth trying is the Atlantic Seafood Bucket which includes crispy battered prawns, calamari, crab claws and mantous with a choice of 3 sauces: cheetos cheddar cheese, chilli crab, and butterscotch beer. Prices start from $5 to $12.
Poppin' Popcorn Chicken. Photo courtesy of Street Food Circus SG
8. Corn Fuse from Rainbow Works Corn-Fuse, a torched corn cob topped with charcoal earl grey lavender softserve, is sold at $9.90 per serving. If you fancy colorful drinks, get a Unicorn Milkshake. Almost everything from Rainbow Works and Foxhole Cafe is so instagram-worthy!
9. Chilli Crab Stew with Fried Mantou from SteamHaus SG
The uniquely Singaporean dish offered by this halal stall is a traditional chili crab stew with chunks of crab meat, topped with a sous vide egg, and served with fried mantous.
Chilli Crab Mantou. Photo courtesy of Steamhaus SG
10. Crispy Chilli Crab Wontons from Foxhole Cafe
The Crispy Chilli Crab Wontons are so yummy. The dish comes with real crab meat. If you are game for something else, try corn fritters with Japanese matcha salt. Both are selling at $10. These items are exclusively sold at this festival.
12. Chicken & Waffle Bowl from The Beast
This unique Southern American style kitchen and Singapore's first bourbon bar is dishing up Chicken & Waffle Bowl, Mac & Cheese Lava Cake, Pulled Pork Fries, and Southern Poutine.
Chicken & Waffle Bowl. Photo courtesy of The Beast
13. Thai Milk Tea ice cream with Buttered Streusel by OLLELLA
Thai Milk Tea ice cream with Buttered Streusel, Dark Chocolate with Fudgey Brownies and Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Popcorn are priced from $6 to $12. All ice creams will be served with smoked bombs on the side. Have fun with smoke emerging from your mouth.
Thai Milk Tea ice cream with Buttered Streusel. Photo courtesy of OLLELLA
14. The Raclette Set by The Raclette Factory
Get your fix of melty gooey cheese with pan-fried baby potatoes, gourmet chicken sausages, garlic and rosemary leaves. It is $12 per portion. The Family Platter is enough to serve 4-5 people and is priced at $40.
The Raclette Set. Photo courtesy of The Raclette Factory
15. Mentaiko Quail Eggs by Easy Eggs by Jar
The pop-up concept specializing in quail eggs participates for the first time. Mentaiko Quail Eggs, Fried Wonton Quail Eggs, and Cheesy Quail Eggs will be sold at only $6 each.
16. Pineapple Bahamas by GFI: Guilt Free Indulgence
Indulge yourself at the festival with Pineapple Bahamas - a bowl of a plant based N'ice cream (no added sugar and dairy free) topped with fresh cut pineapple cubes and maple glazed pumpkin nut clusters. Chocolate Almond Fudge, Mango Loco, Strawberry Sundae, and Banana Split are also available at $6 each.